~{Chapter 13}~

~
"Sloan.", Lincoln poked at me.
I stood up in alert, "What? What happened?"
"It's fine everything's fine. I just have some news."
"What is it?", I relaxed myself.
"We can't leave so soon. Back to camp I mean. Its's too dangerous."
"Anya is planning an attack", I realized and stood up, "I saw her the night before you found me. She led a group of Grounders North. They had some kind of battle gear on. We have to warn the people."
I started to pack my things.
"Wait. There isn't anything we can do. I've checked all the routes I know; they're all blocked. We need to think it through."
I was already at the entrance when he said this. I thought about it, put my stuff down, and then said, "Draw a map. That way we can figure out how we can get around."
He crouched down and drew a point, "This is us. Where they are heading is here. There are nine routes possible. Eight of them are taken over by my people."
"Then we take the ninth one."
He stood up, "We won't survive that one."
"Reapers?"
"Reapers."
"Then we lead them toward the Grounders. They fight each other which means they will be casualties. They would be too weak to fight us. They will have to either retreat or fight us with what they have left."
It was silent. I continued, "Lincoln this is our only chance to get back there. We have family over there. We have people that we love. If we don't do this then we are putting their lives in more danger. Think of Octavia."
He shifted when I said her name, but didn't respond for a few minutes. Finally he said, "We leave before dawn. They like to ambush at night. It's harder to see far. First we get to Reapers' territory, get their attention and lead them towards Camp."
I added, "Since there is so many of them, we should separate and take our own routes. That way it'll weaken the Grounders faster. Once they clash, we get inside, and find Bellamy and Octavia and tell them to prepare."
"Sounds like a plan."
Lincoln went to go check to see how far his people were. I spent the rest of the day preparing for tonight.
At sundown Lincoln cane back looking worried.
"What is it?", I helped him catch his breath.
"They want you... They want you dead.", he sat down and coughed. I gave him some water. He continued, "You escaped as a prisoner from them. That made Anya look weak and almost caused her an exile. She was taken from her place of heir of the next leader. Ever since, she has been trying to find you and kill you."
"But that was three years ago!"
"My people holds grudges a lot."
I stood up and paced around the room, "My head is the key to getting her back in position..."
"If they see you, they'll kill you. We can't follow through with the plan. We don't have enough time to think of another one."
"What do you mean?"
"Bellamy is moving everyone tonight. Soon."
Why on earth would he do that?, I thought to myself. All of a sudden something hit me.
"I've got it. Since the Grounders want me dead, I'll die without actually dying."
"I don't like where this is going, Sloan."
I ignored him, "We can still use our plan. As soon as they clash, I get inside and you get up into a tree. Hide from everybody. Then as soon as I'm talking to Bellamy, shoot me with an arrow-"
"No."
"You haven't even heard the rest!"
"No. I don't hurt my friends."
"But you can help them. As I get to Bellamy give me sometime to tell him what is going on and that you're going to take me again. Then shoot me. Drag me and show them that you have me. Take me into the woods and pretend to kill me."
"They want you're head. How are you going to give it to them?"
"You said that a few died from starvation. Clarke would've had them buried. It happened recently so they shouldn't have been moved just yet."
"Fine!", he unwillingly said. He went to the entranced and looked out, "We need to leave now if we want to get there before my people."
I nodded and packed my stuff. I took some extra herbs just incase.
"Here", Lincoln handed me a cloth pouch.
"Woah", I said weighing it in my hand.
"Rifle ammo. I found it on the way to find you."
"Thanks."
A few minutes later we were ready. We stood at the entrance for awhile. I broke the silence, " 'Take one for the team'. Daniel used to always tell me that."
Lincoln nodded. "For Leyla?"
"...And Bellamy.", I added, "For Octavia?"
He nodded and ran out; I followed.
As we got to the border of the Reaper's camp we crouched down behind a tree. Lincoln whispered to me, "We run in and get their attention. Then we run together for a while. Wait for my signal to go the other way. You know the way right?"
"Yes."
He nodded in reassurance and we crawled out. We went to their cave where they kept dead people. Lincoln cut someone's head off. I looked away, trying to keep myself from hurling.
"Got it", he whispered. It was in a sack. I threw a rock against the wall to get the Reaper's attention; it worked. We ran like there was no tomorrow. Ten minutes later, Lincoln imitated a bird's chirp; that was my signal to go my own way now. I looked at him and could see him nod. We split our ways.
"Take one for the team, Sloan.", I whispered to myself.
To be continued...
~