~{Chapter 15}~

~

I woke up to Bellamy stroking my cheek with the back of his finger.
"How do you feel?," he said softly.
"Better. Where is she?"
"I'm right here mommy," Leyla was sitting next to Bellamy. She held my hand and smiled at me. I looked at my surroundings to see that we were in a large tent. There were empty stretchers lined up neatly along the sides.
"It improved a lot since I was gone," I scoffed.
Bellamy chuckled, "We went West from our original place. Finn and his group found it while they were hunting. Monty said that the soil here is better for growing crops." Then he said to Leyla, "Tell your mom what you did."
She squealed, "Remember in the letter how I said I rewired the electricity? I got to do it again!"
I smoothed down her hair and chuckled, "That's amazing! You did a good job, Ley."
I looked up to see Bellamy looking at me in that weird way again. Leyla noticed and said, "I'll give you guys some alone time."
"Leyla you don't have to-", I started but she said, "It's okay. It's adult stuff, I probably won't understand anyways."
She skipped out and left us stunned.
"She has your brain.", Bellamy laughed. I joined.
"Speaking of the letter...", he started.
"Hey, look at me," I lifted his chin up, "You needed to do what you had to do. I would've done anything for my family, too. That was in the past. All that matters now is that... I love you, Bellamy."
He smiled a smile I've never seen before; he looked happy, like when I saw him as a kid dancing around with Octavia.
"I love you more than the amount of times you almost gave your life up to save us," he teased.
"Hey!", I laughed. He leaned in and kissed me.
"I want to go see what's going on outside," I propped myself up on my elbows. He helped me off from the stretcher, put my arm around his neck, and held me by my waist.
"You good?" He looked at me.
I smiled, "Yeah."

We went out and saw people working hastily. As soon as people saw me, they started cheering.
I was shocked, "What's going on?"
"You're our savior. Many of us wouldn't be alive if it weren't for you," Bellamy gave me a reassuring squeeze on my waist.
I smiled as people came up to me and patted me of the back. I was tensed up, but in a good way. We made our way through the crowd to Raven's tent.
As soon as we got in Raven hugged me.
"Easy there...," I coughed and hugged her back tightly.
"Sorry," she pulled away and looked at me then at Bellamy, "By the looks on your faces, I'm guessing you guys are good now."
Bellamy and I looked at each other; I blushed and tried to hide it by looking the other way.
Dang it, I thought to myself, Why does he have so much effect on me?
Leyla was in the corner trying to hide something. I limped to her and said, "Do you need help with that?"
She jumped up and quickly said, "Nope."
She then took my hands and spun me around so that I was facing the other way. I was confused, "Are you okay?"
"Yup, I'm just working on some wires. I want to surprise you when I'm done," she pushed me toward the tent entrance.
"Okay... Just make sure you don't hurt yourself," I then turned to Bellamy, "I think we should start helping with building a new wall."
Him and Raven helped me over to the main ground to help with the building.

"Sloan?", Jasper and Monty said unanimously. I laughed as they came and embraced me.
"We couldn't see you through the crowd of people," Jasper said.
"We're glad you're back," said Monty.
"Let's hope I'm back for good this time," I joked. I then picked up metal scraps from a table near us, "How can I help?"
"Oh no no no," Clarke rushed over and took the pieces from me, "You are in no condition to work, whatsoever."
"I'll be fine. Just give me something that requires just my hands."
"She can sharpen the axes," Finn said from behind.
"Finn!", I exclaimed and hugged him.
"Raven told me you were back. I just came from hunting."
I took his axe, "Need some sharpening?"
He smiled and nodded.
"Okay, but don't move around too much," Clarke said.

I was sitting against a tree stump in front of a fire, away from the main ground. A pile of already sharpened axes were on my right. Octavia came over and said, "You should take a break. It's already night fall."
She made herself comfortable next to me. I looked up from sharpening the last axe, and saw the night sky.
"I have to ask you," she started, "What kind of flowers do you like?"
I was struck by the question, "I don't... really know... why?"
"Just wondering. I saw Leyla's necklace and it had a trumpet flower on it. Kind of like yours."
"Oh...," I nodded, but before I could ask her another question, she was off.
"Weird," I said under my breath. I finished off the last axe and decided to take a break. I went into the forest a little and climbed a tree. As I got to the top I felt one of my stitches rip.
"Crap! Clarke would get furious," I whispered, "But it's all worth it."
The sky had a sea of stars with a fading blue-to-green color.
"It's beautiful," I said, "I miss you, Daniel. And Mom, too."
I felt my lower lip tremble and a lump formed in my throat. I took a deep breath to hold it down.
"Down here, I think you might like it. Despite all the harsh conditions we have to go through. At least we have each other... How are you guys doing?"
I couldn't go on anymore. Even though it's been eleven years since it happened, I never really had time to sulk and cry. I guess that's what made me stronger.

~{I've been OBSESSED with the song They Move on Tracks of Never Ending Light by This Will Destroy You. Does anybody else listen to music while they write?}~
~