{Bloodlines}

A few days have past and Stefan and I are looking for Bonnie so we decided to go up to her house and check if she was there, Stefan and I walked up the porch and Stefan knocks on the door, and Grams answers the door

"Hi." We say to her and she looks at the two of us. "Can I help you?" She asked us.

"I'm Stefan and this is my older sister Isabella." Stefan says as he extends his hand to Grams and she shakes it and she shakes mine. "We are friends of Bonnie's. Her dad told me that she might be here." Stefan says.

"She was. Not anymore." She said and I nod. "Do you know where she went?" I asked her. "No. But you do." She said looking at Stefan.

"I'm sorry?" Stefan asked confused.

"I told her to face down her fear. And I'm sensing now that you know exactly why she was scared. You know what I am. And yet you offered me your hand, which means you wanted me to see that I can trust you." She said and Stefan looks at her with a questioning look.

"Can you?" Stefan asked. "I trust you'll keep her safe. You'd better be on your way, then. I'm not going to invite you in. I'm sure you understand why." She says as she closed the door and I shrugged as Sheila saw them leave through her window curtens and she walked up to her books shelf and grabbed a book and opened it and looked for the mark and she found and smiled.

"The Slayer." She breaths out. "The destroyer of evil, I hope you do good by your name." Sheila says.

Stefan and I walk to the Fell's Church Ruins as we heard Bonnie scream and we looked at eachother and vamp speeded there and jumped into the hole and Stefan taps Bonnie on the shoulder she screams in fear.

"Bonnie!" I say calmly. "Get away from me!" She says as I grabbed her arm.

"It's me! It's Isabella and Stefan." I tell her

"Isabella?Stefan?" She says as she relaxes slightly and begins to explain. "The ground gave way, and I fell..." She says as Stefan tries to calm her down. "It's okay. It's okay. Calm down. Come on, let's get you out of here." He says and Bonnie looks at him.

"How?'

"Just close your eyes. Trust me." Stefan tell Bonnie as she closes her eyes and Stefan wraps his arms around her firmly and jumps and I followed and the land on the ground and he lets go off her. "You can open your eyes now." He says and she opens her tightly shut eyes and looks around. "Whoa." She breaths out. "I didn't want to scare you."

"How did you guys know where I was?" She asked us. "Well, your grandmother told us what you were doing. And Stefan guessed where you were." I tell her.

"I heard them...down there...behind the door." She says sadly and looks at us. "Are they in pain?"

"In the beginning...yes. But not anymore. They've starved to the point of desiccation." I tell her. "But if they have blood..." Stefan cuts her off.

"That's not going to happen, Bonnie. They can't get out. Emily saw to that when she had you destroy the crystal. You're safe." Stefan tells her and she nods.

Stefan and I took Bonnie home as we saw her grams, who smiles at Bonnie. "Well, now, look who's returned from battle. Can I talk to your friends for a minute?" She asked Bonnie and Bonnie nods and looks at us.

"Thank you." She told us and I smiled. "You're welcome." I says as she goes inside and Grams stands in the doorway.

"I appreciate your help, Stefan and Isabella." She tells us. "You're welcome, Sheila." Stefan says to her as she smiles. "I wasn't sure you remembered."

"October 1969." He says and I smiled at them. "I was barely a teenager!" She said. "And you were leading what was probably the only anti-war sit-in within miles of Mystic Falls." Stefan points out and she hums and smiles at him.

"You know, when you spoke, people were mesmerized. I know I was." He says. "Until the cops showed up." She points out. "You took a big risk coming to see me earlier. Letting me read you, realize who you were. It could have gone in a completely different way." She says to Stefan.

"Your family has a very long history of keeping my secret. I knew that I could trust you if you believed I was worthy of your trust."

"Bonnie knows, doesn't she?" Shelia says and Stefan nods. "Yes." Stefan answered truthfully.

"Please understand, our loyalty can only extend so far. This town won't be easy on any of us if they figure it out. And I'll protect my own before anybody else." Shelia points out.

"I know that."

"As long as we're clear. Goodnight, then." She says. "Goodnight, Sheila." Stefan says as she closed the door. "I liked her." I say to him and he smiled.

{12 chapters left}

EDITED: 12:07:20

word count: ⁸⁶⁹