8

Richie woke up with a scream. Eddie had fell off the bed.

"You have literally just fall for me, I should be honored"

"No, dumbass. I fell because of you and your giant ass, who occupy the whole damn bed."

"C'mon Eds... Stop complaining! And pretending you don't like it!"- Richie winked and Eddie rolled his eyes.

It was Saturday so that meant no school and also a furious Sonia Kaspbrak looking for her son.

"Why are you avoiding your mom?"- Richie asked

"I don't know. I'm avoiding her just like I'm going to avoid this conversation."

"Eds..."

"What should we do today? I'm not going home, or outside. I mean I can go outside of Derry, where my mom can't find me."

"We're not doing anything until you tell me what happened."

"Why should I?"

"Because it's a new day and I want to know something new about you."

"God, fine Richie. I'm scared of her."

"Why? Because I'm banging her? I know it's a little weird but..."

"RICHIE!"- Eddie yelled

"Sorry, go on"

"She- she loves me way too much!"- Eddie said

"How is that a fucking bad thing?"- Richie said starting to get angry.-"Some people wish for their parents to love them."

"Richie..."

"NO! Eddie you have it all, why are you avoiding someone who actually cares about you? WHY? You know what I would give for someone to even give a damn about me?"- Richie was trying not to cry.

"Richie, please..."

"I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING OKAY?"- he failed. He was now crying.

"HEY! RICHIE! Look at me, please..."- Eddie took Richie's hand-"I'm here. I care about you. You're not alone."

Eddie wiped away Richie's tears, looking into Richie's eyes and said- "I'm not going anywhere"

"Eddie..."- Richie tried not to cry

"Shhh... It's okay, I promise"- Eddie kept holding his hand- "Let's just go somewhere and forget about this"

They were silent again as they ride to the Quarry. 

"I'm sorry Eds. I was thinking about myself and didn't even bother to hear you"

"Richie, it's fine"

"It's not. Please tell me, I won't judge or interrupt"- Richie begged.

Eddie paused before saying

"I never fell in love you know? I always read this romances, Richie don't you dare laughing, and I want something like that, I wanna fall for someone so deeply and I want to be loved like that too. But I kinda think it's an impossible dream because it never happens. And my mom.. she loves me THAT deeply, so much she wants me all to herself. God that scares me, that she might not even let me date or..."

"Eds, you could date secretly"

"Who would want that? Everyone likes to show off, not be a secret, not live in constant fear of everybody finding out. Tell me Richie, who?"

"Someone who loves you will accept any condition so they can be with you"

"You think?"

"I know I would. If someone ever loved me, I would do anything."

Eddie looked at Richie and his heart started beating faster. What was this? Was he going to have a stroke? Then he remembered the romances he had read. The stares, the blushes. the beating hearts, the passionate kisses, the jealousy. It couldn't be... Was he falling for Richie?

"Eds! Come on, jump with me!"

"ARE YOU INSANE RICHIE? NO WAY I'M JUMPING THAT SHIT"

"Give me your hand"

"Excuse me?"

"Give. Me. Your. Hand."

And Eddie did, curiously.

"Do you trust me?"

"Not at all"

Richie rolled his eyes and smiled softly.

"You think I want to kill you?"

"Something like that."

Richie got closer to Eddie and whispered in the little boy's ear:

"I won't let anything bad happen to you. Now do you trust me?"

Eddie was all covered in red. He still managed to say

"Y-Yes Rich"

So Richie hold Eddie's hand tight and started counting, but noticed how scared Eddie was.

"It's gonna be okay, you know? You're braver than you think."

Eddie widened his eyes and counted himself.

"1,2,3...!!"

And they jumped. Holding hands while they were falling, yes. Little did they know they were just not falling in the Quarrt, but also for each other.

--------------

FAVOURITE CHAPTER CHECK!

YES, REFERENCES, YES, IM CRYING, YES, I GET U.

REDDIE DEPRESSION HITS HARD. 

WELL ANYWAYSSSSSS, LOVE YOU GUYS HOPE U ENJOY THIS CHAPTER

BYE BYE LOSERS!

Maria @seriestedtalk on instagram