17

"Richie Tozier."- a police officer spoke-"We need to talk to you."

"He already knows."- Eddie spoke for him.

"I can see that. But I still need to talk to him."

"He's in pain. Give him a rest. "- Eddie said defensive.

"I'll be back tomorrow then, Mr. Richie. I'm sorry for your loss"

"Insensitive piece of shit."-Eddie mumbled.

It all still felt unreal to Richie. He was alone. Where was he supposed to go? Where was he supposed to live? Deep in his thoughts he missed Eddie going inside pushing Richie by his hands and going to Richie's room.

"You need to sleep. Don't be ashamed of crying Richie, it's okay."

"I-I can't believe she's gone Eddie... what am I going to do?"

"I don't know.. But wherever it is that you're going, I'm not leaving you."

"Promise?"- Richie looked up at Eddie with a sweet face.

"Promise."

Eddie kissed Richie softly and the two boys slept or tried to. Eddie tried to wipe away Richie's tears and Richie replaced them again. Finally they could sleep. Not knowing what would come next.

---

The two boys woke up to face an angry Sonia Kaspbrak and a police officer in Richie's room.

"EDDIE!"

"Mom, I know you're angry that I'm with Richie but-"

"YOU COULD HAVE WARNED. I STAYED UP ALL NIGHT WAITING FOR YOU. As for you Richie..."- Eddie gulped, knowing that his mother would make Richie feel even worse.-"I'm really sorry"

Both Eddie and Richie were in shock.

"T-Thanks.."

"We still need to talk, Mr. Tozier."- there he was, still insensitive as Eddie noticed.

"Sure..."- Richie said, annoyed.

"In private."- Eddie got ready to leave but Richie said:

"No. Whatever it is you need to say to me, he hears it too."

"As you wish, Mr. Tozier. Once again sorry for your loss. We tried to reach your parents. Turns out your father has passed away one year ago, I'm sorry.."

"Don't be"- Richie let out.

"And your mom never answered. She is off the map. We can't reach her. Do you understand what this means, Mr. Tozier?"

"That I'm fucking alone? Yeah, no shit."

"That we need to find you a foster house. Now, there's this family."

"Whatever you're about to say, IM NOT LEAVING DERRY."

"Mr. Tozier, it's not really a choice."

"Where's that family? Where are they from?"- Eddie asked.

"Hawkins."

"THAT'S FUCKING FAR!"

"No, Mr. Tozier. They are moving to Derry in one week. They will just go to Hawkins for holidays. You'll need to stay there for one week, just until they come. They recently lost someone as well. We think it might be good for you."

"Eddie-"

"Richie, it's only one weel and you're back. I can handle it. We can write to each other.."

"I don't wanna leave you. I don't want new friends or family, I just want everything to end.."

"Richie, hey, stop, look at me, I'm okay. We'll get trough this together."

Richie heard footsteps and there they were. Their friends. The ones he didn't want to leave. 

"You skipped movie night.. We got worried.. and we found out.. Richie I'm so sorry"- Bev hugged him followed by all the others.

"Guys.."

"Yes Richie?"- Stan said.

"This is gay."- they all started laughing.

"You're literally gay, dipshit."- Eddie said getting into his lap.-"Richie's moving guys"

"WHAT"- Bev asked

"Only for one week."

"I don't want to go..."- Richie rolled his eyes

"Richie you heard him. There is literally no choice."

"I still dont want to go.."- Richie mumbled.

"Richie Tozier, you're the strongest guy I know. It's only one week you will survive."- Stan said.

"When are you leaving..?"- Mike asked.

"Tomorrow."- Eddie kept replying for Richie because he knew how fragile he was in that moment.

"W-we will m-miss you buddy."- Bill hugged him.

So that was it. Richie was going away from his friends. It was one week and would probably be okay if it was under other circumstances but now Richie needed his friends more than ever and even that they were taking away from him.

"hey Rich"- Eddie called laying next to Richie in his bed- "You're amazing."

"Her last words to me were about you... That you were good to me. That you would take care of me. And that's creepy you knoe? Now it sounds like she knew this would happen."

"Richie.. I know it's hard but she loved you so much. That's why she said it. Because she knows I do too"

"You what??"

"I-I care about you so much. A lot really..."- Eddie blushed.

"Oh.. I care about you too."

"Let's sleep. You need to."

"I don't want to. I don't want to waste any second I still have with you."

"Richie..."

"Let's watch a movie. Please."

Richie's head was in Eddie's lap as they watched a movie. Eddie played with Richie's curls wishing that guy wouldn't leave him in the morning. Wishing they could just stay like that forever.

Morning came and so did that brat of a police officer. Richie was in front of the car, not ready to leave. Eddie was next to him.

"It will be okay. I'll write to you everyday."

"You write?"

"I do. I actually wrote something for you that time I was locked in my house..."

"You did? How sweet, Eds.."

"There it is. Here, take it. Read it in your way to Hawkins. I'll miss you.."

"I'll miss you too..."- Richie kissed him. And Eddie didn't pull away even though they were in the middle of the street.

As Richie got in the car, he saw the Losers waving at him until he didn't anymore. Everything was about to change and Richie hated it. He was in pain. He was losing everything, once again. But then he remembered Eddie's letter and started reading it. Those first feelings. Him saying he would love to kiss Richie to make him feel better. Eddie missing him. That letter took all of Richie's sadness and made Richie realize he needed to be strong and survive this week, just so he coule be with Eddie after.

"We arrived."- the police officer said leading Richie to a small house in the middle of the woods.-"This will be your home for the next week."

Home. What a strange word. Home is where you feel safe. Richie never had a home. Or did he? Of course... Richie thought. Home was with Eddie, wherever it was.

---------

ANOTHER ONE YAYAYAYAYA

YES IM POSTING WAY TOO MANY BECAUSE I WANNA FINISH BEFORE GOING BACK TO SCHOOL AND WE'RE STILL IN A XMAS MOOD SO-