Chapter 4

Emily's POV

Ali and I stayed up for another hour just talking. She eventually fell asleep, curled up into my body. I couldn't sleep though. I couldn't help but think about all of the possibilities with us. What if she didn't want to be with me? What if she doesn't want to ruin her reputation? What if she's just playing with my feelings? The most important question that ran through my head was: What are we? I mean, I want us to be more than friends, but does she want that? She did tell me that she loves me, but I'm not completely sure if she meant it. I was awake for another three hours before I finally fell asleep with my arms wrapped tightly around Ali.

I woke up to see ocean blue eyes staring at me. "Good morning." she said with a smile.

"Good morning." I replied, trying to not let her see that I didn't actually get much sleep. Unfortunately, she knows me too well.

"What's wrong?" she asked as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"What are we?" I asked. Her fingers stopped running through my hair as she gave me a confused look.

"We are whatever you want us to be." she answered. "Preferably we would be more than friends, but whatever you want."

I laughed lightly at her not-so-subtle hint. "I love you so much." I said. She smiled bigger than ever and then kissed me softly.

"Emily Fields, I love you more than anything in the world. Will you be my girlfriend?" she asked.

"Hm, I might need to check my schedule." I teased. She lightly hit my shoulder. "Yes Ali, I would love to be your girlfriend."

She immediately started giving me small kisses all over my face. Then, the door opened.

"What are you guys doing? Get up and get ready for school!" Jack yelled at us.

"Yes, sir." I said as I playfully saluted him. He rolled his eyes and walked back out of the room.

"Someone seems to be in a good mood this morning." Ali said sarcastically.

"Yeah, we should probably get up though before we piss him off even more." I said. She groaned but rolled off of me and started to get ready. After we were both ready, we got the other two in the car and drove them both to school. When we got to our school, I could see Ali tense up.

"Are you okay? We don't have to make it obvious that we're a couple if you aren't ready for that." I reassured her.

"No, it's fine. I'm just not sure what our friends will think about us being together." she said.

"Who cares what people think of us. I love you Ali, and nothing is going to change that." I told her.

"I love you too." she said. I grabbed her hand and kissed it before I got out of the car. She got out and walked around and grabbed my hand again. She interlaced our fingers and we walked into the school. Everyone was staring at us, but it wasn't uncommon for Ali. I felt a little bit uncomfortable. We walked over to our friends, who looked very confused to say the least.

"Hang on, are you guys dating? Because if you are, I told you so Aria." Hanna said.

"Yeah, we're dating." Ali said. She turned to me and smiled before looking back at our friends. Spencer looked almost proud. Aria was smiling so wide she looked like the Cheshire cat. Hanna looked like she was thinking hard. All of the sudden a look of realization crossed her face.

"Emison." Hanna said quietly.

"What?" Spencer asked, looking at her like she was crazy.

"Emison. Their ship name." Hanna said matter of factly.