Chapter 12

Emily's POV

When I got back to Hanna's house, Alison was sitting on the couch. I closed the door behind me and she turned her head to look at me. "I thought you said you were sick and came back here, so I thought I would come and see if you were okay. You weren't here, so where were you?"

"Noel brought me to his house and I took a nap. I'm feeling a lot better now." I quickly lied, even though part of it wasn't a lie.

"Come here." she said and beckoned me over to her. I sat next to her and she wrapped her arms around me. It only made me feel worse about my decision to leave. She kissed my forehead and ran her fingers through my hair.

"I love you so much. Never forget that." I told her and sat up enough to place a small kiss on her lips. When I pulled away, she looked extremely confused.

"Why would I forget that?" she asked worriedly.

"Just in case I don't tell you enough." I quickly lied. I hate lying to her, but it's the best thing for her to just not know what is happening.

"Well, I love you more than anything, and you can tell me about anything. That's what I'm here for." she said.

"Oh, really? I thought you were here just so I could kiss you whenever I want." I joked. She laughed lightly and blushed a little bit.

"I mean, I'm not complaining or anything, but you need to talk to me if you're going through something." she told me seriously.

"I'm fine, really." I lied. I could tell that she didn't really believe me, but she thankfully didn't push. She instead just pulled me closer to her and I laid my head on her shoulder.

"Just please promise me that you'll talk to me once you're ready?" she asked.

I felt terrible because I didn't even know when the next time I saw her was going to be. I knew that I would come back at some point, but I'm not sure how long it's going to be before then. She most likely won't even let me talk to her when I do come back. I know that this will break her heart but I can't be here and watch as we break apart because of some stupid decision that I made.

"Yeah, I promise." I answered, still not completely sure if I would be able to keep that promise. I would hope that someday I will be able to come back and tell her the truth about everything that is going on, but I know for sure that I'm not ready yet.

"Alright, well now that I know where you are, I have to go home because my dad has been blowing up my phone asking where I am." Ali said as she shifted slightly. I lifted my head off of her shoulder and stood up, bringing her with me.

"I love you." I said and gave her a kiss. I made the kiss a little longer, as I didn't know if it would be the last time we kissed or not.

Ali finally pulled away moments later but kept her lips just centimeters away from mine. "I love you too." she whispered against my lips as she looked me in the eyes. I could just see all of the love for me radiating off her gaze. She pulled me into another kiss, which was shorter than the last one, but still longer than usual.

"If I don't leave now, I don't know if I ever will." she told me before she pulled away from my embrace and walked slowly towards the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" I called after her once she was out of the room.

"I love you!" she yelled back to me from the front yard.

"I love you more!" I yelled.

"Not possible!" she yelled before driving towards her house, not letting me reply.