The Return

(Y/N) pov

     I am still battling Grimm, as a Ursa goes for a swipe I can't block it in time. All of a sudden, Yang comes in and punches the Grimm to dust. I then look around and see Team RWBY charging in to end the conflict.

(Y/N): I TOLD YOU GUYS TO SAVE YOURSELVES!!

Yang: A huntress defends people till the bitter end. We either come back as a team or not at all.

Ruby: What she said!

Blake: You're not just another dude, you're our best friend. Besides I don't think Weiss can stand seeing you in a hospital again.

     After what seemed like the rest of the day, the fighting was over. All the Grimm were dead and we all stood there exhausted, our aura's depleted, out of dust and ammunition. Ruby and I just collapse to the ground, and as Yang and Weiss checked on us, Blake radioed another bullhead.

(Y/N): Is everyone ok? Sound off, (Y/N)

Ruby: Ruby here and tired.

Weiss: Here

Yang: Here, glad that's over with.

Blake: Hey guys, just got word that a bullhead wouldn't be able to get us until tomorrow.

Ruby: Alright, we're gonna have to take shelter in the abandoned village.

(Y/N): Agreed we stand a better chance of survival there rather than in the wilderness.

Weiss: Ok, it looks like it's starting to get dark.

Yang: (Y/N), got any survival tips. We don't have food and no water.

(Y/N): Well, why don't you three find us some shelter and get a fire going. We'll need the fire before the sun sets.

Weiss: What about us?

(Y/N): We are going to find some food and water.

Blake: I saw a stream not far from here. Just to the east.

(Y/N): Alright, we'll start our search there. Let's get moving.

     The team splits up as Ruby, Yang, and Blake go to the village and gather wood. Weiss and I head to the river and take some left over canteens from the battlefield. We find the stream and start filling the canteens. Now time to find some food, as we look for anything to eat I come across a familiar looking plant. Blackjack.

(Y/N): Oh cool, didn't think we could find this plant out here.

Weiss: Which plant?

(Y/N): Blackjack, we throw these on the fire and it will act as natural bug repellant.

Weiss: You just have an answer for everything don't you.

(Y/N): Well spending the last 5 years on the road forces you to know these things.

Weiss: You didn't have anywhere else to go, no other family or friends you could stay with?

(Y/N): Nope, the White Fang wiped out my entire family.

Weiss: I was wondering about that, why target your family?

(Y/N): I honestly have no idea, all I can figure out is that they were scared to face me or my father. I must posess something they fear. I just can't figure out what.

     After that we got somewhat quiet as we approached an apple tree. I grabbed a big basket worth. Satisfied Weiss and I head back to the village and find our teammates around the campfire and setting up beds and matresses around the fire.