Chapter 3: Meetings

Drake's POV:

Ding!

I press the elevator button and hop in. Before the door closes a woman slips in. She dropped a piece of paper. I picked it up, I couldn't help but read a few words.

"Shawty I'm only tell you this once
You the illest
And for your loving Imma die hard like Bruce Willis"

Pretty good.

Drake: Hey, you dropped this.

I handed her the paper.

?: Thanks.

This girl gives me a weird feeling. I know I'm definitely going to see her again.

The elevator ride ended and we went separate ways. When I think about it, isn't that the girl that has a hotel room next to me?

I didn't think about it too long though, I had a meeting to get to.

***

I walked into the record building. I stepped up to the front desk.

Drake: I have a meeting with Lil Wayne scheduled for right now.

Receptionist: What is your name sir?

Drake: Drake.

Receptionist: Ah yes, head up to the third floor,take a right, and second door down.

Drake: Thank you.

I take the directions given and enter the room. I take a seat in the chair. I notice an office chair is across from the table but turned the other way. In a swift motion the chair spins around facing me. I recognize that hand motion from anywhere. There beholds Birdman.

Baby: Drizzy!

Drake: Wassup?

Baby: I'm good man, dap me up!

We dap up and sit back down.

Baby: So, we're gonna go over some things. Understand?

I nod.

Baby: I've heard your mixtape So Far Gone and that shit is fire! We need someone like you on our label. You attract a female fan base, which is great. As a favor to you, we're gonna remaster it and clean it up a bit. Then as for Young Money, we're gonna be releasing our debut single, "Bedrock". You and another artist are going to share a verse, which is yet to be written. We're planning on going on tour next year too. Got everything so far?

Drake: Yeah.

Baby: Now career goals. Young Money is going to give you exposure, which will be great for later on. Young Money is basically a jump start. Once you're introduced in Young Money, you will release your music, to give the fans a taste. And don't worry about Young Money being the only thing you're known for, it's just another outlet for music. If the fans love So Far Gone, and sales go well, there may be an album in the works also.

Drake: Sounds good.

Baby: Money... You'll actually get 250k right now if you decide to sign with us. Salary is 100k a month, plus record sales. However, we take 30% of record sales. You make 7 cents every record sold. I know that sounds like not a lot but it is. You've already sold 100,000 copies already so that's 700,000 bank. Well minus the thirty percent. You'll get the money once we get you situated in the mansion. So already you've made like almost a million dollars.

Drake: Damn! That sounds good.

Baby: It is, it is... Now finally, paparazzi. Since your hot and new, everyone is gonna want you. But there are also the downsides. The lies, rumors, you can't let them get to you. And hate. I've already gotten negative reports about you. They don't think a Toronto rapper can make it big. Especially since you were on Degrassi. Don't worry tho, we got faith in you.

Why everybody always gotta bring up Wheelchair Jimmy though?

Drake: So, where do I sign?

He passed the paper over and handed me a pen. I sign, Aubrey Graham in the provided places.

Baby: Welcome to Young Money.

Nicki's POV:

I have a feeling in my stomach that I have never felt before. Was I nervous? Was I scared? I had no idea. That's how I truly felt.

As I walk to the elevator and up to the office, my heart begins pounding heavily with fear. Although, deep down I had a good feeling about today.

I knock on the sleek glass door.

?: Come in!

I click my heels on the ground and open up the door.

?: Welcome Miss Minaj.

I recognize that raspy voice anywhere.

Nicki: Hey Wayne.

Wayne: Have a seat.

I take a seat.

(Basically the same thing as Drake. They both end up being signed. It was unnecessary to write the same thing over again.)