Chapter 4: Rookies

Nicki's POV:

2009

1 Month Later//:

After officially being signed to Young Money, I received my lump some of cash that I deserved. I got 250,000 dollars, and I never felt richer in my life. I can't imagine all the money I'm going to get for just simply doing something I love.

Wayne explained to me that I had to move to the Young Money mansion in Miami. Even artist signed would be living there. It'll be a great experience. But I was leaving everything I knew back in Queens. My family, my friends, all of them. Although I knew they would be extremely proud of me.

When I made it back I had to tell my family the news. Surprisingly, they took it well. I was sure going to miss them. I have three siblings. My brothers, Macaiah, Jelani, and my sister Ming.

My mother Carol was extra supportive, my dad Robert, not so much. On the day I was leaving, I was wondering if I made the right choice. I had already signed. Would I regret my decision? Hopefully not.

Earlier in the week, I was told that I didn't need to bring any furniture. Just things that are valuable and clothes and shoes. I sent most of my stuff there already all I needed to do was pack up the rest. My flight down to Miami was only 3 hours.

As I walking down the stairs I saw my family and closest friends waiting for me. My little sister Ming was only 3 at the time.

She ran to me and wrapped her tiny arms around my legs.

Ming: Nisi, where are you going?

Nicki: I have to leave, but I'll be back soon okay?

I put down my suitcases and picked little Ming up in my arms.

Ming: No, I'll miss youuuu.

She started crying.

It broke my heart. This was gonna be harder than I thought.

Nicki: I'll be back soon okay Ming?

I wiped her tears away.

Ming: Okay Nisi...

I rubbed her back.

I was bombarded by hugs of my family members...

I was gonna miss them so fucking much.

(is it bad that I'm gonna skip Drake's POV...)

OK so this is a filler, chapters coming up are gonna be good!