Chapter 13: Kickoff

Nicki's POV:

"Safaree?"

I glanced up at him.

"What are you doing here?"

He extended his hand out and I took it.

As I came up I faced him. I was like whuhh?

"So I can't get a hey?" He crossed his arms.

I stared at him for a moment, admiring his tall frame. He still looked the same. Tight ass t-shirt, skinny jeans, and rocking Jordans as always and his snap back.

"So you just gonna stare or gi-" I cut him off, throwing myself into his arms.

"Oh my God, Safaree! I've missed you!" I ended up wrapping my legs around his waist, letting my arms rest at his neck. I put my head in the crook of it.

"I've missed you too Onika." He rubbed my back in a sense of assurance.

I let the tears I've been keeping in since I saw him pour. I was in a state of overwhelming happiness. I missed my best friend.

We hugged for like ten minutes straight, he tried getting me off him several times but I couldn't let him go.

"Okay Nick, I think I'm gonna pass out if you keep hugging me..."

He took a deep breath.

"Oh I'm sorry SB." I jumped off him, but still had to hold on. "What are you doing here? You didn't answer me." I looked up at his stubble covered face. He was still recovering and put his snap back, back in place.

"I'm DJing the tour, and I'm the hype man."

"Oh, so you finally achieved your dream? You've always wanted this. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, it means a lot really. But I came out, because I wanted to see you. We have a lot to catch up on."

"Aww, Safaree! Don't make me cry anymore." I gushed wiping away the new tears.

He chuckled.

"Do you wanna hang out later?"

I nodded my head quickly. But then I rememebered.

"Oh shit, I have to perform tonight... And I'll be pooped right afterwards. How about it between?"

"I'm cool with that. Just know, you and me are going to be spending a lot and lot of time together on off days. You heard me?" He said with his demanding voice.

I smiled so wide. I think my cheeks just ripped.

"Yes Safaree..." I blushed, I don't even know why.

I had butterflies flying all around in my stomach.

"Aight, I'll see you later, I have to go."

"Ok, bye."

He pulled me in for a quick hug. I cooed at his touch.

We separated and he walked towards the side doors into the audio compartment.

I stood there watching him. Shit this tour is gonna be funnnnn...

×××

"Wooo! Come on Onika, you got this! I can do this!" I thought.

In no longer than a minute, I'd be out on the stage. For the opening were all singing Bedrock, then everybody had their sets. Why did I do collaborations with these people? I now have to be out there for Bedrock, Wayne's set, Drake's set, Shanell's set, and mine. Well I'm fucked...