Chapter 12: We Are Young Money

2010

Drake's POV:

Sandi: Oh my God Aubrey! I can't believe it!

Drake: I know, me either. It's pretty exciting.

Sandi: I can't believe you're going on tour... Again! I'm so proud of you son.

Drake: Thanks mom, but I have to go. I'll call you later ok?

Sandi: Be safe Aubrey!

Drake: I will, bye.

As I was putting away my phone, I heard a voice. The voice was so easy to recognize. It's all we hear.

"Ayo Drake! Get on the plane!"

I turned to see Wayne, who was climbing up the stairs leading to the private jet. But there I was just standing there, you know, just existing. To be honest, I was jumping up and down on my insides. It was pretty neat.

I dodged myself out of my little gaze, still in a little awe of it all finally hitting me, we were going on tour.

Composing myself, I walked on the hard cemented pavement of the runway, stepping up into the plane. The escort, closed the door behind me. I was the only one not on the plane yet. As my feet continued to walk on the ground, I couldn't help but look around.

It was huge, but not too big. Everything here was as pure as white. Our logo was imprinted everywhere possible, every quarter of the plane had one. The only thing this jet was missing was beds, but the seats in the plane made up for that. Made out of the finest leather I presume.

Out of fascination, I took a deep breath, and turned on my imagination. Will I have one of these one day? If I did what would I do with it? I asked myself those questions even though I already knew the answer. Yes I was going to, I'm going to be successful enough to.

I took a seat next to Tyga as we were informed that we'd be flying off soon. I haven't exactly had a chance to really talk about that Nicki situation that happened months prior with him. They seem cordial, but I don't see a true friendship.

I relaxed into my seat, as a glass of champagne was sent my way. I gladly took a sip ingulfing myself in its goodness. I had a Kermit moment.

×××

"Drake? Wake up!"

I stirred a bit, but focused on my slumber.

"Drakeeee..." the voice whined."Come on please?"

I opened up my eyes, taking in my surroundings. As my vision became more clear, I looked out the window. It was dark, except for the runway lights twinkling through.

I noticed a figure shaking me, not too hard, but a little aggressive. I looked up and saw Nicki above me.

"Oh, you're finally awake huh?" she smiled.

I groaned, realizing we had landed and I was going to have to move.

"Come on sleepy head." she giggled.

She pulled me up and bringing my hand in hers. As I stood to my feet, I was a little dizzy. She made sure I was okay, and continued.

She grabbed all of my stuff, giving it to Terrence.

I felt her squeeze my hand, as we walked out the plane together.

"We're staying at a hotel tonight."

"Where are we?" I asked, but my tone was annoyed, sleep was really the only thing on my mind right now.

"Pittsburgh."

I didn't ask any further questions. I simply went with the flow as she walked over to a Cadillac SUV. We hopped in and on moments end, I spotted Torrent driving off. Time to get some sleep.

My eye lids were getting heavy, I couldn't keep them open any longer. Before I knew it, I was out like a light.

---

"Oh my God Drake! I can't deal with you right now." she grunted. "Wake up! When we get you to your room then you can sleep okay?"

"Okay mom."

She sucked her teeth.

Without any hesitation, I bolted up, eager to hit that bed.

---

Nicki's POV:

The Next Day//:

Rehearsals, rehearsals, and oh yeah rehearsals. I was so tired and hungry, like I'm starving out here.

I sat on the floor, Indian style sipping down my strawberry Vitamin Water. I looked around the stadium, imagining all, the people who were coming out tonight. This was my first tour and I was so nervous, determined to hide these armpit stains arousing from my t-shirt. Drake went on tour in the summer of last year with Wayne.

I bit my lip hard, moving my legs up and down. I changed up positions and lay back on the floor. After a few minutes of staring up to the high ceilings filled with lights and shafts, I heard footsteps getting louder and louder by the second.

I felt as if someone was staring at me. I decided to look up, because I could care less who it was. Suddenly, someone blocked my view. I looked and met their eyes. Oh my God! It can't be!

I furrowed my eyebrows, and scrunched my face up.

"Safaree?"