Chapter Thirty-Two.

Speaking of {chapter} 32, I'll be 32 next week😛

Also...

In honor of the one-year anniversary of me seeing MBJ in the flesh and him knowing my name (at least that's what I'd like to think), by way of my walking in front of him with a jacket with my name written down the back—I give you the next part of Janeé and Michael's story. I'm doing a cycle of updating all my books so expect an update once a week.

Recap: Janeé's water just broke lol. Enjoy!

*************************

"Breathe, baby."

He-he-who-who.

"You're doing so well."

He-he-who-who.

"I'm scared, Michaelllll," she whined.

"I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you or BJ."

He thought about how worried she was her entire pregnancy about the mortality rate of Black women after giving birth, and for the first time, so was he. He'd never seen her so out of control and it scared him, but he knew he had to be strong for her. He bent down to kiss her hairline and tasted the salty sweetness of labor. He dimpled at her and for a moment she relaxed and focused on him. He put his forehead to hers and kissed her lips. She kissed him back, forgetting the immense pain she felt.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love...you." She barely got the words out.

He moved to her ear and whispered, "You killing this shit, babe."

"Really?" She didn't feel like she was. She was struggling to keep it together and the feeling was overwhelming.

"Yea. It's kinda turning me on. How long I gotta wait to get some after BJ?" he chuckled.

"That's why I'm here now. Your dick don't know how to acccccc—shit!" She gave him a mangled smile after her outburst, appreciating his effort to make her laugh.

"Ok, Janeé. Push hunny." Dr. Wright was there just as she said she would and was happy to see Janeé and Michael working together as a team. Janeé had been pushing for what seemed like hours, when in reality it had been just over 40 minutes. Janeé plopped down to the hospital bed in defeat when she looked at the clock and realized what little time had past. She wasn't going to get through this without some help.

"Is my mom here yet?" Tears streamed down her face as she asked. Her family stayed in town after the shower but had given up on seeing her after her sister realized she and Michael were rekindling their relationship.

"Almost, baby. She just texted me. Can you give me another push before they get here?"

As brown as her skin was, she looked pale to him and he was ready for BJ to come out now. More for Janeé's sake than his excitement to meet his child. As the minutes passed, he found it more and more difficult to conceal his concern for her. He couldn't lose her. He'd been anticipating his child's arrival more than anything his whole life, but he knew he wouldn't survive without her. He needed her. He could have a children at anytime, but there was only one Janeé.

She pushed and a loud, thunderous sound came from her, just before an overwhelming silence fell over the room. Michael held his breath as he looked down and saw a chubby mahogany baby making its way into the world.

BJ had some lungs too. The quiet was short-lived as the infant cried between short gasps for air. He marveled at the sight of his child and then at Janeé. She looked down at him, speechless, as he cut the umbilical cord. After the baby was cleaned, BJ was brought to her, just as their families and Sterling quietly walked into the room.