Chapter Twenty-Two.

It's been a few weeks since the last update. I've been writing slowly and trying to get a few chapters ahead. Anywho, here's a brief recap of what happened last chapter.

-Michael misses Lamaze class and taking Jay to the airport
-She flies home for Christmas without making up with him but calls him on Christmas Day because she missed him
-They have phone sex 😈
-They exchange gifts (Mike gives Janee a babymoon trip to the Maldives, Janee gives him a diamond cross chain)

***

Despite knowing they were good again, Michael was still down about not having Janeé with him on Christmas. He imagined she'd be here with him, doing cute shit like waddling around the house and baking cookies.

Michael closed the curtains, deciding to sleep the rest of the day away when Colin, one of his co-stars called.

"What up, Colin?"

"Hey, Mike! Merry Christmas bro!" He was a little too excited for Michael's liking and sounded half-drunk.

"Merry Christmas, man."

"So your boy Steelo told me you're in town all by yourself. You should come to the crib, nobody should be alone this time of year. I got apple juice!"

"You goofy bro. I guess you're right. I might slide through."

Three hours and three too many drinks later, he was slumped over on Colin's couch. His cast mate invited a few other people from the movie over who were also by themselves today. Michael was sure to ask him if Aja would there before getting comfortable, and finally did when Colin assured him she wasn't coming.

"Mike! So what's up, bro? Why you alone today?"

"Aw man, my family is out of town...my girl, she's gone too," he said slowly, the alcohol in his system was clearly working on him. At the mention of Janeé, he took another unnecessary swig of his drink.

"You have a girlfriend? I heard you and Aja were together, but then I noticed how you've been staying away from her when we aren't shooting."

"Yea, man. I mean we were dating, but we broke up months ago. My girlfriend now, I just love her so much. She's the one." Michael looked off into the room thinking about how much he loved her. "Yea, she's definitely the one," he continued.

"That's beautiful man. How'd y'all meet?"

"That's a long story bro. We literally ran into each other," he giggled. Colin got the whole rundown of their love story, probably too much of it actually. Michael was typically a private person and didn't know Colin like that to be telling all his business, but the drinks and the loneliness he felt at the moment had him a little out of character. "Yea, so now we're back together just in time for BJ."

"BJ? Who's BJ?" The sound of his child's name coming out of Colin's mouth had Michael shaking his head in confusion. He didn't even realize he mentioned his child.

"How do you know about BJ? Did Aja tell you?" He asked angrily.

"No, Michael. I didn't. You're drunk, you should probably shut up now." His eyes bulged at the sight and sound of his former girlfriend as she walked over and sat on the couch next to him. Colin was suddenly feeling awkward as Michael and Aja stared at each other and decided it best to leave them to themselves.