Chap 10: Private Lunches

Freya's POV:
I stared straight ahead, trying my best not to look at my left side at the boy who shamelessly kept looking at me.

It settled an unsettling feeling in my stomach, knowing that I'm not supposed to talk to him, and if my dad were to find out that I had been talking to him, then I'd believe I'm going to stay at home for life.

"Freya."

I can't hear you

"Freya."

Shut up.

"Freya.."

You're making this hard for you and me.

"How long do you plan to ignore me?"

As long as it takes for my dad to get off my back.

I bit my lip and kept scribbling down on my notebook, I wasn't taking notes, just doodling some ugly faces here and there.

It was a good distraction, a distraction from him that is.

I still felt guilty for thinking of him as a bad boy, I knew it was the wrong thing to do and I wanted to apologize. I was going to apologize until that cop showed up and ruined everything.

And now dad.

"Freya..."

Oh for the love of God.

He wasn't helping either. I wanted to talk to him, I wanted to get to know him, the real him but the universe had other plans.

I wanted to do so much with him, to understand him better where he was misunderstood, yet it seemed like the odds were against that.

Now, I can't even look at him, much less talk to him. And the guilt of me ignoring him was doubling.

What else am I guilty of?

Let's see
1) misjudgement
2) not standing up for ourselves
3) not apologizing
4) avoiding him
5) disappointing dad.

That's a list...let's hope it doesn't get longer.

"Frey-"

RINGGGG

RINGGGG!!

Yessssss

I quickly got up, grabbed my bag and bolted out for lunch so he wouldn't catch up to me.

Now I know what you're thinking,

Why is this crazy hoe running away from him? It's not like her dad is here.

Guess what? My dad has spies all over. He could have students paid up to keep an eye on me, teachers already keep a keen eye on me.

It's not like I just love avoiding him.

I want to do the opposite, go to him and say,

'I'm sorry for misjudging you and for my dad's behaviour. Can we start over?'

"Freya wait!" He called back, rushing out of his classroom before Aizawa sensei could even leave.

I didn't even need to look back, I sprinted and dodged the looks from the other students. Anyone could be one of my dad's spies and if he knew that I spoke to Todoroki, then..

Then I'll be home schooled again.

Then my dad will tell Todoroki's dad, then he'll change his schools too.