The Move

I finish packing the last box as I get up to grab the tape, finally coming to the realization that I have to leave my childhood home.

So many memories.

I slowly crossed the room to grab a roll of tape to tape the final box up.

"Hurry up y/n!" I hear my mom call from the bottom of the stairs.
"Hold on mom, I'll be down in a second!" I yell. I sigh as I know this will be my last time to walk in this house. Ever.

I finish taping up the box and bring it downstairs only to see my mom waiting by the door.

I walk outside only to glance at the house, but quickly glance away because I can't bear the pain.

Dad loved this house so much, and so did I.

I throw the box into the back of the car and hop into the backseat.

"Are you ready?" My mom asks.
"No." I mumble. She backs up the car anyways. I buckle up my seatbelt and plug my earbuds into my phone and play Wow by Post Malone. I look outside and slowly drift off.
Little did I know, my life was just about to get a hell of a lot worse.

7 Hours Later

I woke up to the car coming to a complete stop. I had noticed the light had turned to dark. I looked at mom and saw the boxes from the passenger seat had fallen on her. She quickly restacked the boxes, brushed herself off, and continued driving.

"Are we almost there?" I question, breaking through the silence like a knife cutting through butter.
"Soon" she replied seconds later.

"Well, how soon." I wondered if she would answer me this time or not. "Five minutes" she replied.

She looked and sounded tired and most likely couldn't wait until we got to the house so she could sleep as I would unpack the boxes from the car.

"I think you might like this house, there is a very nice neighborhood there. You might make some friends before you even go to school on Monday!" She said, trying to sound enthusiastic. It didn't work though.

"Yeah, maybe." I replied, so she knew that I was listening. Even though most of the time, I wasn't.

As we pulled up to the house, I instantly hated it. We had gotten there at 1:47 am.

My mom grabbed as many boxes as she could and walked into the house. Grabbing more boxes, I followed her into the house.

The walls were painted an ugly green and the flooring was what seemed to look like flooring tiles from the 60s. She flicked on the light switch and all of the kitchen lights turned on.

"Pretty ugly huh? We might just have to replace those with some nice oak wood?" Mom said, noticing me staring at the ugly tiles. "Yeah, I'm down if you're down I guess."

We sorted out the boxes and I brought my stuff into my room. I closed the door and started to set up some things so I could go to sleep. I layed down and closed my eyes, unaware of what was going to happen tommorow.

Tell me how you liked the chapter and if you liked it! I won't post anymore if you don't like it. I know Dom wasn't in the first chapter, but I have some ideas for him to be in the ending of chapter 2 or somewhere in chapter 3.

I love Y'all stay safe 🖤