Chapter 7

Peyton and Nathan were walking around the dock as this was another tradition they shared the day before their birthday.
"I think I am in love with her, Peyton." Nathan said and Peyton looked at him shocked even though she wasn't that shocked because she knew everytime him and Haley were together it was meant to be.
"No way, did my brother say he was in love. I'm sorry but I'm going to have hear that again." She teased
"Yeah, Yeah, laugh it up. No but seriously. She is amazing. I never want to be without her. She is on my mind constantly." He stated. Nathan couldn't believe those words came out. He had meant them but he just didn't realize he did until now.
-
Next day

Haley texted Brooke to see if she could come over after school to help her with make up and hair. And also choosing her outfit.
Before school Haley went to Karen's cafe and bought Nathan a coffee and bagel.
She headed to school and stopped at Nathan's locker.
Nathan felt someone jump onto his back and then said "Happy Birthday." From the voice he knew it was Haley. He turned around and kissed her.
"Thanks Haley. It means a lot coming from you." He said
"So this is for you, coffee, black of course and a bagel." She said handing him the coffee and the bag with a bagel inside.
"Thanks hales again. You didn't need to do this. I really do have the best girlfriend." He said taking a sip of his coffee.
"I wanted to." She said and once again leaning in to kiss him. The bell rang and they both went to class together and on the way Nathan slapped her ass and Haley jumped and she slapped Nathan on the shoulder playfully and he laughed.
-
It was after school, dinner wasn't till seven thirty so her and Nathan went to get ice cream. They shared a scoop of mint chocolate chip.
Haley decided she wanted to exchange her gifts here.
"So I'm going to give you your gifts now. I am so sorry if they suck." She said
"Hales, they won't and you being there with me tonight is the best gift of all." He and it made her blush. She first gave him the bobcats hoodie, it was wrapped and as he was unwrapping the gift he complimented her wrapping skills. He opened it to reveal a bobcats hoodie.
"This is great hales thank you. I love it." He said while taking his other jacket off and putting it on. It suited him. They both couldn't help but smile.
"It has your basketball number, 23 on it, cause I know how much you love the team. Ok next gift is a little more personal" Haley revealed
"Wait, there's more you didn't have to do that." He said with a sincere look in his eyes.
She handed him a small little present that was thin and wrapped. He unwrapped it but looked confused.
"You made me a mixtape?" He asked
"Not exactly. I recorded those songs and you can listen to them whenever. If you want to go through the trouble of putting them on your computer or phone." She said.
He leaned across the table to kiss her.
"I have the best girlfriend, you know that." He said and she giggled
"So I've heard. Anyway last present." She said handing him an envelope.
He opened the envelope and stood there frozen.
"So do you want to take a road trip in two weeks."
"Haley, you are amazing. I mean how did you know."
"I'm your girlfriend and I do listen to your basketball speeches even if I don't understand a word. Also you don't have to take me but I thought you know you and me alone in a hotel room?!" She teased
"Yeah of course." He said still in shock.
They got up to hug and then Nathan blurted out
"Thank you for all the gifts. I love you, Haley." Nathan said and Haley starred up at him and froze. He meant it and it felt right when he said it but he wasn't sure if she did too. She then put her head back into his chest and said
"I love you too, Nathan scott." She said and they both kissed once again.

Brooke was at Haley's getting ready.
"So did you give Nathan your gifts?" She asked
"Yeah I gave them after school at the dock." Haley said vaguely.
"Ok, I want details. What happened?" Brooke yelled in excitement
"Well he said thank you and something else." Haley again responded vaguely.
"What else did he say?" She squeaked
"Three words and eight letters!" Haley said playing a sort of game.
"No fucking way. Nathan told you he loves you." Brooke screamed
"Yeah."
"I've never heard Nathan say I love you to someone. This is so awesome!" She said ecstatically then became serious and asked "you said it back, right?"
"No Brooke I just walked away. Of course I said it back after standing in arms in shock for a while." Haley snapped
"This is so cool. I wish I was there to see it." Brooke said as she does Haley's hair.
"Ok do your magic Brooke Davis." Haley continued and they did. She straightened Haley's hair and put on some natural makeup and then wore a black short dress.
"You look beautiful Haley." Brooke said proudly admiring her work.
"My job here is done. Now I have to get ready." Brooke stated
"Thank you, Brooke. I really appreciate it." Haley grinned.
"Don't worry. I love helping my best friend." Brooke said as she got ready.
Brooke curled her hair and was wearing a red dress.
They both waited downstairs for Luke to come with the car.
Haley heard a knock on the door and opened it. Lucas walked in.
"Haley you look beautiful." He complimented.
"Thank you Luke." She smiled and they hugged.
Lucas then stared over at Brooke and couldn't stop thinking of how beautiful and hot she looked tonight.
"Words cannot describe how stunning and hot you look tonight Brooke." He said as he kissed her on the lips.
"Thank you, boyfriend." She responded.
They all get into the car and drive to Nathan's house.
We knock on the door and find Deb, Nathan's mom answer the door.
"Hi, welcome" she said shaking hands and giving a kiss on the cheek to each one until she reached Haley.
"You must be Haley. It is so nice to finally meet you." She said as she came into a hug.
Haley walked in the living room where the rest of the family was.
"Look who I found at our doorstep." She teased. Nathan turned around only to be mesmerized by Haley.
"You look... you look incredible, Haley." He proclaimed and went to go kiss her on lips.
"Thank you so much. You don't look too bad yourself." Haley teased. Nathan was wearing a black suit with a red tie. They both stared into each other's eyes.
Haley then hugged Karen and Keith and went to introduce herself to Dan.
"Ok since everyone is here let's go to the dinning room and eat." Dan said
Haley sat next to Nathan at dinner.
They've already had two starters the first was tomato mozzarella and another was a soup.
"How many courses are we getting, like how many starters does someone need?" Haley asked and Nathan laughed. She hit him playfully and as soon as he stopped laughing he responded.
"Now we have our main course which is prime rib but I also asked them to include macaroni and cheese and then we have dessert." He stated.
"Oh my god. Thank you." She said sincerely.
We had our meal and everyone talked about everything.
Finally the cake came and we all sung happy birthday. It was 10:30 and the grown ups were in the other room drinking while they headed to the river court.
"How about boys vs girls?" Peyton asked and they all nodded.
"Just don't give it to Haley unless you want a concussion." Nathan added and everyone laughed except Haley who slapped Nathan playfully.
Everyone spread out around the court Nathan made sure to be infront of Haley. He then received the ball and scored. Haley then jumped onto his back and she made sure to hold on to him, while Nathan played basketball.
They played till about midnight when Lucas and Haley went home since Brooke was staying over at Peyton's tonight.
-
Please let me know what you think about this story and ways to improve it! I hope you are enjoying it! I'm going to concentrate more on Brooke and Haley's friendship rather than Brooke and Peyton btw! And I will write more Lucas and Haley scenes!