Chapter 29

They hadn't talked all throughout the day and at practice they both looked at eachother but whenever one of them was caught staring at the other they would look away.
"What's up with you and Nathan?" Brooke asked.
"He wants to go to Duke. I want to go to Stanford." She replied.
"Wow, why don't you talk to him instead of sulking." Brooke added.
"I have no idea what to tell him. I mean I've always dreamed of going to Stanford, but now I want to be with Nathan. The whole situation is just really messy."
"Talk to him, Hales. Communication is key and if anyone can figure it out it's you guys." Peyton finally said. Haley smiled at her friends.
"Who knows maybe you'll end up loving Duke or he'll end up loving Stanford." Brooke stated.
"Thanks guys. It's just hard. I don't want Nathan to give up his dream and it may seem selfish but I don't want to give up mine. Not yet at least." Haley said.
-
Haley researched about Duke and found out they also have a great teaching program and was in a dilemma and had an even better basketball team one of the best college basketball teams in the nation. So did Stanford. Haley then drove to Nathans. She had no idea what she was going to say or if her going there would make things even more awkward between them. She finally got out of her car and rang the doorbell. Peyton answered the door.
"He's in his room. Good luck." Peyton said as she closed the door.
"Thanks." Haley smiled as she went up to Nathan's room. His door was open so she entered.
Nathan had just gotten out of the shower. He had a towel wrapped around his hips and Haley couldn't help but stare.
"Hey." He finally said.
"Hey." She replied, still starring at his toned abs.
"Sorry just let me get changed and I'll be out in a minute." He said and Haley nodded.
She scanned his room. His room was always clean probably because he had a maid and had posters of nba players on his wall and a huge shelf with trophies that he had won over the years. He had a huge flatscreen tv and a huge desk and little sofa and video game area in the corner of his room. His bed was really comfortable and Haley always loved laying in it with him.
He came out of the bathroom a couple minutes later and her eyes were on him.
"Hey sorry I didn't expect you to come so late." He said shutting the bathroom door.
"No don't worry. I'm sorry I should've called." She revealed. They both knew there was a lot of tension.
"So I came to talk to you about college. I feel as if I should have been more supportive or I should've had a bigger reaction to Duke. I mean it has an amazing basketball team. I love you so much Nathan. You are an incredible person. I want you to have everything you want out of life because you deserve it. So Ive decided that I'm going to apply to both Stanford and Duke. Because they both have amazing programs for teaching. And see what happens." She finally revealed. Nathan didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say.
"What do you think?" Haley finally asked after Nathan didn't say anything. She was getting kind of annoyed that he wasn't talking or saying what he was feeling. And he could that as it was written all over her face.
"Um.. well it's a good idea but if you go to Stanford then I am telling you I don't want to be with you and if you go to Duke then I am telling you to give up on your dream. But I don't want that because we'll both resent eachother." Nathan finally said.
"I know that's why I want to apply to both. Since I have time to decide what I really want. Now I'm not going to force you or anything but I thought we could both apply to both together and see whichever takes both of us." Haley said.
"I don't know. I mean for me it's about the scouts. I'll have to talk to whitey about it." He said.
"Fine. I'm going to go cause it's getting late. I'll see you at school." She said in disappointment. She didn't know how to feel at that moment and still didn't know what Nathan was thinking. Haley wished he'd open up to her more.
"I love you Hales. But it's important for us to figure out what we want. I know that even if we end up going to different college. We'll be fine. It will be harder but you can visit me and I can visit you. And we'll see each other during Christmas and other breaks." He finally expressed
"I hope so. Just so you know if I had to chose. I would chose you Nathan." Haley said. He smiled at that knowing that she would put him first not that he doubted her. He knew deep inside he would go wherever with Haley. It was only the first month of school though. They had a long way to go. She then left to go back to her house.
-
"I talked to whitey and he said that he could call some scouts from Stanford to watch me play." Nathan said while walking around town with Haley. They were at the river court.
"That's great." Haley responded and hugged Nathan.
"When is your first game?" Haley asked as she connected their arms.
"In two weeks. Whitey has us training everyday. Before and after school. He also wants us to come on Saturdays."
"So I guess that means I shouldn't be distracting you. And that you should be using all your time to practice instead of hanging out with your amazing girlfriend." Haley teased. He then started tickling her as they walked down the street and Haley bursted out laughing.
"Ok... finee... I'm... sorryyy.. just stop... pl..please" she tried to get the words out but couldn't stop laughing. Nathan finally stopped.
"Your mean." Haley snapped. Nathan laughed.
"You never complain when we're in bed." He teased and she slapped him the shoulder playfully making a cute face. Nathan loved when she made that face.
"What now?" She asked as he kept gazing at her beautiful face.
"You're beautiful" he replied.
"Oh, stop it. Please your embarrassing me." She said hiding her face underneath her hands. He gently pulled them away. And looked at her with those tenderly blue eyes that she could get lost in forever.
"Do you have any idea, how much I love you." She responded and he leaned in to kiss her and gently put his lips on hers.
-
University and their future will play a huge part as the main plot for the next few chapters. Hope your enjoying it.