Chapter 37

Haley just finished her last class and was relieved to know they were off for Christmas break. Her AP and honors classes were taking up way too much of her time.
Nathan was waiting for her at her locker. Haley was spending Christmas Eve with Nathan's family and then Nathan was coming over on Christmas Day.
"So are we spending this evening together?" He asked and Haley shook her head.
"I need to finish all my homework. So then we can hang out tomorrow and the next day." She replied.
"And the day after that, and the day after that." He teased as he kissed her cheek. She smiled at him.
"Shut up." She said as she slapped his chest but then put her arms around his neck and gazed up at him.
"I guess it's my fault since I decided to fall for a girl who only takes A.P classes." He teased as he gazed into her eyes.
"Hey! Im also in honors French." She added.
"Exactly my girlfriend is a nerd." He joked.
"Hey!" She slapped him once again.
"I think it's hot." He flirted as he leaned in to kiss. Haley broke the kiss.
"You need to get me home before Quinn gets here with Clay or I can take the bus?." She said as she walked away and he shook his head and grabbed her arm to pull her close to him. She dragged him to his car. He moaned in disappointment and Haley giggled.
"You do have the power in this relationship." He stated.
"Indeed I do." She teased as she got into the car.
They pulled into her driveway.
"I'll see you tomorrow Haley James." He said as she blushed and her heart skipped a beat. She kissed his cheek.
"Please do your homework." She demanded.
"Ok mom." He joked and she glared at him but he ended up laughing at her and waited for her to enter her house and left.
-
Haley was in her room as she was doing her homework till she heard the door. She knew it was Quinn so she ran down the stairs to greet her sister.
"Quinn!" Haley exclaimed as she ran to give her sister a hug.
"Hey Hales." Quinn replied with a smile and then went to hug her other family members.
They all sat down in the living room.
"Where's Clay?" Haley asked.
"He's coming tomorrow. He needed to finish some work in the dorm so he wouldn't have to do it during the holiday. Though he has to leave a day early." She replied. Both her parents nodded in understanding.
Haley went back up stairs to finish her work. She finished most of her homework though it was 3 am and she was really tired. She went straight to bed.
-
Haley woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon coming from the kitchen. Haley made her way downstairs to find everyone already sitting down.
"Good morning, sweetie." Her dad said. He kissed her forehead as he walked past. She helped bring things to the table and sat down.
"So what are your plans today, Quinn?" Lydia asked.
"Um, probably go take pictures and maybe a take care of a few things and then come back and help. What about you Hales?" She asked
"I'm going over to see Nathan." She replied.
"Aren't you seeing that boy tomorrow and the next day and the day after that." Lydia teased
"They're inseparable." Jimmy said and they all laughed except for Haley who glared at her dad.
"I forgot how good breakfast was here." Quinn commented.
"Yeah, mommy makes really good breakfast. Maybe you should stay here for longer." Jane said.
Quinn smiled at her.
They all finished breakfast and helped bring everything to the kitchen.
Haley was in her room straightening her hair.
"So I guess you and Nathan are good." Quinn said as she sat on Haleys bed.
"Yeah it's amazing even after everything we've been through." Haley said as she put the straightener on a strand of hair.
"I'm so sorry about the accident and that I couldn't see you. It must've been hard." Quinn said.
"Don't worry about it. I'm fine. It's in the past. So how are you and Clay?" Haley asked changing the subject.
"Everything is perfect. I mean when I'm with him I just want to live in the moment and just think about us. It's cheesy I know." Quinn revealed as she looked down at the floor. Haley smiled at her.
"Anyway I have to go get ready and I'll see you tonight right?" Quinn added and haley nodded.
-
Haley walked down the stairs and could here her parents talking in the living room.
"You have to tell them Lydia." Jimmy said.
"I know but once I do it will never be the same and you know it. I promise I'll tell everyone before Quinn leaves to go back to Duke. It's just they've all been through so much especially Haley..." Lydia replied. Haley eavesdropped in confusion. She wondered what was so serious that could change our family forever.
"I know but the earlier they know the better." Jimmy said. Haley made a noise which made them turn to look at her. Haley looked like a deer caught in the headlights. She quickly came up with something to show that she wasn't there the whole time even if she was.
"I just came to tell you that I'm leaving to go to Nates house." Haley said and they both nodded. Haley walked out and headed to her car but she couldn't shake the thought of something being wrong.
-
As soon as Haley entered Nathans house he knew that something is wrong. They were watching a movie and Nathan gazed at her. Haley pretended not to notice and that she was focusing on the movie. But she knew he could tell something was bothering her.
"Where's your head at hales?" He finally asked.
"The movie. I mean the wedding was beautiful." Haley answered with her eyes still on the movie.
Nathan put his hands on her chin and gently pulled her head to the side so she was looking at him.
"I know something is bothering you?" He said. She took a deep breath.
"It's annoying how you know me so well. It's just.." she said as she brought her knees together on the couch and looked at Nathan. "... I heard my parents talking and it was like my mom was scared to tell us something. She said she'd tell us before Quinn left. And I'm trying to figure out what it could be. Are my parents divorcing? Are we moving? I don't know how much longer I can wait. It's just hard." She revealed. Nathan looked at her sincerely and took her hands so she knew he was there for her.
"I'm sure everything is fine. And if it isn't. I'll be there for you." He replied and kissed her forehead.
"I'm probably just overthinking it. Let's just finish the movie." Haley replied and he nodded in agreement. She laid down on him with her head on his chest and fell asleep.
-
I know I've been super inactive but I've been really busy and had writers block. But with the corona virus I have a lot more spare time. I hope everyone is staying inside and is safe. I am praying for everyone.