Chapter 26

Haley wore a skirt with a crop top and sneakers and Nathan was in shorts and a plain white T-shirt. They arrived a bit later as they went to Karen's cafe to eat something before. People were drinking and dancing. Peyton was the DJ and Lucas and Brooke were making out.
Nathan poured Haley a drink.
"So what do you want to do first?" He asked.
"Why don't we dance." She replied and Nathan groaned.
-
After they finished dancing they went to see Peyton.
"Hey Pey. We haven't really had the chance to talk since you got back. But welcome home." Haley said as she hugged her friend.
"Yeah I know. You've been busy with my brother." She teased. Haley laughed but Nathan glared at her.
"So how was California?" Haley asked as she wanted to change the subject.
"Amazing. So many cute guys." She showed Haley pictures of some of the guys.
"Oh damn. He's hot." Haley stated but Nathan glared at her. Nathan then took Peyton's phone and scrolled through the pictures.
"These guys aren't even that good looking." Nathan said and both girls laughed.
"What are you laughing at?" Brooke asked coming up towards them.
"Nathan said the guys we saw in Cali aren't that hot." Peyton revealed and Brooke laughed.
"Man, if I didn't love my boyfriend so much. I would have gone back to the old me. I mean come on they all are, good looking and rich and have six or eight pack. What's not hot about that."
"Hey!" Lucas said while putting both hands on his heart pretending to have his feelings hurt.
"Don't worry Broody. I just looked. Plus you're the only guy I need." She stated and kissed him.
Everyone else were in awe but also disgusted as they had their tongue down each others throat and decided to look away.
"I mean same. If I saw a guy like that. It would be too soon." Haley teased. Nathan started to get tense and uncomfortable and they could tell that Lucas was also getting uncomfortable in this situation.
"Ok, that's it." Nathan said and picked her with her hip balancing on his shoulder. She dropped her bag but Brooke picked it up. Nathan ran towards the ocean.
"Nathan, Don't." She yelled. But he ignored her.
"Nathan. I'm serious. Don't." She screamed. He dropped her into the ocean. It wasn't as cold as she thought but the water was definitely not at its warmest, and a big wave hit them and they were both soaking wet.
"I'm so getting you back for this." She stated and leaned into to kiss him and he leaned closer but then quickly pulled away and laughed. She went running in the other direction.
"Hey! Get back here!" He screamed while running after her and he finally caught up to her and picked her up once and she screamed. He let her down but turned her around and kissed her.
"You know this would be so much more fun if we were naked." He stated and she laughed.
"Yeah, well that can be on your bucket list." She stated and he laughed.
"Bucket list? What am I? 80?" He asked.
"I have a bucket list." Haley stated.
"My point exactly." He shot back and Haley shoved him playfully.
They played around in the water. Haley tried sinking him into the water but he was to heavy but instead splashed water on him. And he gave her a piggy back ride back to the land.
They were both soaking wet. Haley suddenly felt cold.
"Hey, are you cold?" Nathan asked and Haley nodded.
" I have a sweatshirt in my car. I'll go get it." He said and ran to the car to get it and within minutes he was back. He handed her a nike zip up hoodie.
"Thanks." She replied taking the hoodie and wrapping it around her. It was huge on her. He was 6 foot 2 while she was only 5 foot 3. But it did keep her warm. He pulled her closer to him so she could warm up. And rubbed his hands on her arms.
"Oh look the crazy kids are back." Brooke stated. And everyone laughed.
It was midnight which meant this was the last day before senior year.
"Let's get out of here." Lucas said and everyone nodded.
"Nathan." Haley said as she stopped walking. He turned around as they were face to face. "I just want you to know how great you made my junior year. And I wanted to thank you. Also that I'm so in love with you. You are the best thing to happen to me. You make me feel at home. I don't know how I would have survived without you." She continued.
"If anyone needs to say thank you. It's me. You are responsible for making me the man I am today. And making me feel the happiest I have ever been. You are my everything Haley James. Always and forever." He expressed and they kiss. This was the start of a great year.
-
I feel as if this was a good way to end their Junior year and a good way to start their senior year.I'm not sure if I am going to keep going for their senior. I think it would make sense to keep going in this book so I most probably will.