I Hate to See Her Go...

Ricky

 "Aye baby, I’m about to leave." I said as I shook a sleeping Reagan. She didn’t have class until later in the day so, she savored her opportunity to sleep in.

   After a few moments of shaking, she finally rolled over and looked at me. 

 "Good morning." I greeted her with a smile and a kiss on the forehead.

 "Morning." She whispered. My baby wasn't a morning person at all.

 "I have a meeting this morning at nine. After that I'll be at the new dance studio interviewing potential instructors. We've got a lot of sign-ups and we're expecting more as the summer rolls around so, we definitely need a flexible staff." I explained to her. She nodded her head in response.

 "Did you eat some breakfast, baby?" She asked me. She has a serious problem when I dont eat breakfast.

 "Nah. Imma grab some Starbucks." I responded.

 "Schmoopie, coffee is not breakfast!" She chastised me.

 "I know but it'll due." I assured her. She sighed and shook her head. I really dont be having time to eat during day and she’s knows that. Most times dinner is my first and last meal of the day.   

 “I’m making wet burritos for dinner tonight. What kind of meat do you want?” she asked. Hearing that put a smile on my face. I loved when my baby cooked. She throws down.

“Steak is fine, baby.” I told her. She crawled into my lap, wrapping her legs and arms around me. She makes leaving her so hard.

“Poppa wanted me to ask you if he could have a party here.” She told me.

“I’m cool with it as long as we set some ground rules.” I told her as I rubbed her back. She was dozing off in my lap. She didn’t respond to me for a few seconds.

“Come on, baby. I gotta go or imma be late.” I told her as I tapped her to get her attention. “Walk me to the door.” I told her. She lazily moved off of my lap and stood up, leading the way to the front door.

                When we reached the front door I pulled her in for a hug.

“You gon’ call me later?” I asked her.

“Yeah.” She said mumbled with her face in my chest.

“Cool…I love you…I’ll see you later.” I said in between kisses, making her giggle. I knew that would wake her up.

“I love you, too. I’ll see later, boo.” She said as waved to me from the doorstep.

                If the world only knew how much I loved that girl, they wouldn’t believe it. When I first got with her I told her that ten years from then I’d be married to her. There’s no marriage without a proposal right? That’s why I plan on proposing to her at her senior dance recital. That’s what I was arranging last night when she called me.  She thinks I been working hard these past couple of weeks. I’ve been working, just not on what she thinks I am. I’ve been working on the perfect proposal. Everybody’s in on it; her parents, her siblings and her whole dance class. They’ve planned a whole dance routine too. I can’t wait to see her reaction.