Don't Rush Things

1 Year Later

Reagan

"I don't want to do this anymore." I said, stepping back away from the platform.

"Why not? Its gon' be quick and fun." He encouraged me.

"You promise?" I asked him.

"I promise." He assured me with a smile.

I didn't know what I was doing, dangling sixty feet in the air, secured by a harness that I wasn't confident about. But I was gon' do it for the heck of it. My boo was right beside me so I was cool. If we fall, we gon' fall together. The man released the gate and there was no turning back. We sailed across the top of crowds in Fremont Station in Downtown Las Vegas.

"You did it, Rae! My girl did it ya'll!" My boo yelled as we waited for the ride operator to unhook us. All I could do was smile uncontrollably.

"Where we going next?" he asked me, after we finished purchasing the picture of us on the zip-line.

"Tai, I'm tired now." I whined. "Can't we just go back to the room and chill?"

"Baby you a party pooper." He joked.

"We gon be here for the whole weekend! We ain't gon' have nothing to do tomorrow if we do it all tonight." I reasoned with him. He looked at me and thought for a second.

"Why you gotta be so smart?" he asked, turning up his lip.

"To complement how dumb you are!" I said with a laugh.

"So you wanna crack jokes now? You wanna crack jokes!" he said before trying to pick me. I made a run for it because I didn't want him to tickle me like he usually does.

I ran a little ways until I came across this street performer that was using a bucket as drum. I was having so much fun, I decide to stop and dance. I was cracking up and enjoying myself. Tai finally caught up with me and immediately joined in.

"Ayyyeeee!" he started to chant. "Can I get a dance with you little mama?!"

"If you can keep up." I said seductively.

"You ain't said nothing but a word." He said, licking his lip.

Tell me why he broke out with the Schmoney dance? That was so wack but I joined in with him anyway. Pretty soon a crowd formed around us. We was too hyped.

That's what I loved about Taison. He was spontaneous and was hilarious to top it all off. He was easy on the eyes too. I went out of my usual this time, i.e. he a light skin. He has the cutest hazel eyes, the most luscious lips, and a nice head of shoulder length locs.

I met Taison about six months ago while I was back up dancing for Chris Brown at the BET Awards. We didn't connect until I saw him a couple months later at Chris's album release party for X. Clearly, he's not a dancer, which is something new for me. He's an audio engineer/music producer. I wasn't too hyped about him being in the music business but he assured me that he wasn't about that life.

He approached me at that party and we've been talking ever since. I remember that night like it was yesterday and every time I thought of it, I laughed.

I was standing near the bar with Jewel. I wasn't really trying to be there. Even after six months I wasn't really past what happened between Ricky and I. But there I was in a chic strapless jumpsuit with my favorite pair of Red Bottoms on.

"Jewel, I'm ready to go. Like seriously." I told her.

"Girl we just got here. Let's stay for at least thirty more minutes." She insisted.

"Thirty more minutes and we out." I told her before she headed to the dance floor.

I took a seat at the bar and tried to enjoy myself. I just couldn't do it. Then this random dude comes up and starts talking to me.

"Aye my dudes bet me that I wouldn't be able to start a conversation with the most beautiful girl in the bar. Wanna buy some drinks with their money?" he asked. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" I asked.

"Well actually, I think you owe me a drink." He said.

"And why is that?" I asked him.

"Because when I looked at you, I dropped mine. You're drop-drink gorgeous." He said seriously. In my mind I'm like, this dude can't be serious.

" I most definitely need you in my life girl. Because me being without you is like a nerd without braces, A shoe without laces, aSentenceWithoutSpaces." He said seriously. I couldn't help but giggle at his corny pick-up lines.

"Boy bye." I said through a giggle.

"Wait girl, let me just ask you one question. If I were to ask you out on a date, would your answer be the same as the answer to this question?" he asked me.

"No." I answered quickly. Then I thought about it. "Wait, yes. I mean no. Wait..."

He moved closer to me and reached to touch one of my locs.

"So what time am I picking you up tomorrow night?" he said with a cute smile, as he twirled my loc between his fingers.

And the rest was history...

We made it back to our hotel room and I was laying in the bed. Tai had went to get us some food. I looked over my phone as it began to ring. I looked at the caller ID and I saw that it was Poppa.

"What's up, Poppa? I asked.

"I'm mad at you, Rae." He said.

"And why is that?" I asked with a giggle.

"Why didn't you take me to Vegas with you and Tai. That's my nigga right there." He said.

"Boy you betta watch your mouth. And why would I invite you to Vegas you're only seventeen. You wouldn't be able to do anything out here anyway." I explained.

"So what, man." He said, smacking his lips. "Where Tai at?"

"Don't trip. Get off my man's sack." I said with a giggle. I heard my daddy in the background.

"Tell daddy I said hi." I told Poppa.

"Tell him yoself." He said.

"Wassup, baby girl?" my dad greeted.

"Nothing much, daddy. Just laying down." I informed.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" he asked me.

"Yeah...I really am." I said with a smile thinking of Taison.

"It's good to see you happy, Rae....remember to take your time. You ain't got to rush things. He reminded me as usual.

"I know daddy...I'm taking my time." I assured him.

******************

Soooooooo Rae has moved on....can Taison still be considered a rebound after a year?

I don't know which direction to take with this. Inbox me your ideas!!!

Vote, Comment!!!!