What to Do? Pt. 2

Reagan

                After letting mind marinate on my thoughts, my feelings and the information I gathered from the blog I was ready to move on with my life. Sitting up all depressed wasn’t doing nothing but delaying my life and keeping me from experiencing new things.

                So I got out of bed and did my hygiene thing. Then I dressed myself in a cute peach-colored summer dress with gold accessories. I released my locs from the bun that they was in and let them hang down. I looked in the mirror as I smeared lip gloss on my lips. I was most definitely pleased by my appearance. I grabbed my purse and headed down the stairs.

                When I reached the bottom of the stairs I saw my parents sitting in the living room cuddled up. What I’d do to have a relationship like theirs. It made me smile, seeing how in love they were.

“I’ll be back.” I said to them as I                 walked to the door.

“You look like you’re in better spirits.” My mom said when she saw me.

“Don’t let the cute clothes fool ya. I feel really bad on the inside. I gotta do something to mask it though.” I told them with a slight smile.

“I hate to see my baby going through this.” My mom said, pouting her lips.

“Don’t worry mommy. It’s life and I’m not exempt.” I told her strongly.

“Where are you headed baby girl?” my dad asked.

“I’m about to meet up with Jewel. I need to clear my mind.” I lied. I lied because if my daddy knew I was going to talk to Ricky, he was going to want to tag along. I didn’t need that. I’m a grown woman and I can handle this.

“Alrighty, baby girl. Be safe and call me if you need me.” My dad offered as I walked out the door.

                I started to drive and decided to stop by the apartment first. I’m not sure if he needed to go to the hospital or not. As I walked up the stairs, all these memories of the good times with Ricky started to flood into my mind. I shook the memories as I approached the door. I knocked on it, realizing that I didn’t have my key. As I knocked on the door, I noticed the absence of my engagement ring. It saddened me a small bit.

                After a couple of minutes, he still hadn’t come to the door. I knocked once again.

“Come in!” I heard him yell out. I twisted the knob and entered the apartment.

                Ricky looked sort of surprised to see me standing there. Ricky was shirtless and I could see the bruises all over his stomach and rib area. I felt so bad for him. I couldn’t stop myself from going into nurture/mommy mode.

“Did you go to the doctor, Schmoopie?” I asked him as I took a seat next to him on the couch.