Appreciation...

Reagan

One Month Later

“You know this ain't an ordinary love
We got so much history in the stories about us
So come on over baby

We gon' light some candles tonight
Very special
We gon' do whatever you like
Very special
Got some Henney chillin' on ice
Very special
Hope you make the rest of my life
Very special
Very special
All night”

                            I sung along to K. Michelle at the top of my lungs as I danced around the kitchen. Even after a month, I was still on cloud nine. It was surreal to grasp that I was really engaged. Not only was I engaged but I was engaged to the man that I love. A hardworking, self-sacrificing and loving man.

                            Ricky has been on his grind this past month. The manufacturers finally got his clothing line stuff together and the new dance studio was finally fully staffed. He was set to have a grand opening/launch party tomorrow evening. As my own special congratulations to my fiancee’, I decided to do something special for him tonight.

                            It was nothing extravagant, just a nice relaxing night so that we could chill and enjoy each other’s company. I was in the process of preparing a steak and baked potato dinner for him. For dessert, I had a cheesecake topped with glazed strawberries. I had some Stella Rosa Mascato chilling in the refrigerator as well. I couldn’t wait for these two hours to pass so Ricky could get here.

                            Jewel was supposed to be stopping by. I had a custom pair of Chuck Taylor’s made for him and she picked them up for me. I got those for him because those are the only type of shoes he’s danced in since I could remember.

                            Just as I was grazing the last of the parmesan chees onto the Caesar Salad that I had prepared, I heard the doorbell ring. I answered and it and saw Jewel standing there with her boyfriend Darren and the box of shoes in her hand.

“Hey ya’ll!” I greeted them with a smile.

“Hey girl.” Jewel greeted me with a hug before handing me Ricky’s shoes.

“Wassup Darren.” I said to her boyfriend, giving him a side hug.

“You got it smelling good up in here. I think I might have to stay for dinner.” Darren said, making me laugh.

“Nah homie. This is for me and my baby.” I said before placing the gift bag in the hallway closet.

“Man, Jewel why you never do nothing like this for me?” I heard him whine.

“Give me a reason as to why I should.” She said, arching her eyebrow. “Plus since Rae ain’t giving up the goods, she gotta do things like this to keep him interested.” She said with a smirk.

“Don’t even go there. The only thing I need to do to keep my man interested is exist, baby girl. Don’t get it twisted.” I shot back causing a gasp to come from Darren’s mouth.

“Dang, she burned you baby.” He said through his laughter.

“Darren just shut up!” she snapped at him.

“Mad or nah?” he asked with a smirk. The look she shot him was almost deadly.

“Let’s go.” She said through clenched teeth.