09

09 — TOO GOOD FOR A CHANGE

too much bad luck occurring at once. they decide to just go with the flow.

"oh my god dongpyo, are you crying?"

dongpyo quickly wipes off his teary eyes, not quite interested of explaining himself. "no, i'm just sweating through my eyes, i'm fine."

hyeongjun heads towards the boy slowly, checking him if he's okay. his eyes widen. "oh my god, you really are crying—"

"I KNOW NOW SHUT UP AND JUST LET ME BE AT PEACE."

hyeongjun quickly zaps his way back to minhee helped by his speed of light. he grabs on the latter's arm tightly to protect himself from dongpyo's flashing anger.

dohyon couldn't help but laugh. "out of all the people here in this room, you're the last person i expect to first cry for eunsang-hyung's unconsciousness."

"false. i cried first." seungyoun clarifies as he raises his hand.

hyeongjun also raises his hand. "i also cried in the bathroom earlier this morning as i was praying for everyone's safety, i've gotten a rather bit emotional because of eunsang-ie's questionable condition."

dongpyo deadly glares at the fully-unconscious eunsang, resisting the urge to strangle the boy in his sleep. he scowls. "all this time i kept begging for you to stay out of my sight and just disappear, but why did things suddenly go downhill ever since you left? why are you doing this to me?!"

"stop screaming, you'll just wake him up," wooseok coos.

"oh trust me, i'll strange him to death the moment he does wake up," he mutters bitterly. "in fact, i'll make sure this asshole never sees daylight!"

"i don't get it, is he crying because he wants to kill him..?" hyeongjun asks hangyul innocently.

hangyul shrugs. "maybe these are the type of weird people my mom told me to ignore."

the ten boys were all cramped up in the hospital room, sparing their time for a hospital visit after a long day at school. dongpyo was the one who came back furious, and seungwoo definitely wasn't surprised because from the continuous info he's been getting, the fake junho hasn't been all that friendly to his boys. as much as he wishes to accompany the boys at school, he still got a lot of eunsang duties to fulfill and basically he's taking over daniel's shift at the hospital, considering the guy's practically juggling all of his activities at one go.

"the olympiad might not have been a big deal for you because you only agreed to join it because of junho, but to me, i planned my whole future within it," dongpyo sobs erratically. "now it's all ruined.."

seungwoo gets up from his seat and pats the boy in the back, calming him down. "you did the right thing, pyo."

"well if it is the right thing, then why does it feel so wrong?" dongpyo cries into the latter's arms, seeking warmth in return. "why does it feel so painful?"

"you've sacrificed the thing you love the most for the sake of everyone's safety," seungwoo murmurs. "if you don't feel pain, then i'd be most genuinely concerned."

"it just doesn't make sense as to why junho would leave all of the sudden, though." hangyul points out. "just like how it doesn't make sense how he just ends up volunteering into becoming the student council leader."

minhee scoffs. "yeah, and because of that, a certain someone forced me out to volunteer too."

dongpyo huffs. "it's for your own good, to force you out of bed."