17

17 — FEAR

what the hell are we supposed to do now..?

drunk and unstable, the man sits alone at the cheap bar, shameless.

"the guy in yohan's video." seungyoun breathes heavily. "his torturer."

"the guy who lost his job to my sister," daniel sighs. "look at him. he's practically hopeless now."

"who is he?" eunhee asks seungyoun cluelessly.

"he was one of the bad guys, the one who captured yohan and tortured him to expose himself." seungyoun briefly explains. "i did not expect to meet him in person."

"and he doesn't expect to meet us either," daniel gets up from his seat and raises his hand for the bill. "but he will."

"we're gonna go talk to him?" seungyoun asks. "why?"

"the enemy of my enemy is my friend. he must've hated my sister's guts after what she had done to him. she basically stole his job."

"but if it wasn't because of you in the first place, exposing his bad deeds and saving yohan and all, your sister wouldn't replace him." seungyoun points out.

daniel glances at him. "do you have a recurring habit of proving myself wrong or am i just sensitive?"

"... i'm kinda leaning to the 'you're sensitive' one, but with also confirming the fact that i'm nonetheless always right."

eunhee giggles. "stop with your childish bickers, will you."

"are you sure you wanna go see the guy, eunmi-ssi?" seungyoun asks her cautiously. "you can leave now if you want. this isn't your problem to manage."

"well, for the sake of my curiosity, i would like to come." she says without a doubt. "if it has something to do with eunsang — which i'm pretty sure it is — i would indefinitely like to now."

seungyoun glances at daniel, asking for the permission. daniel simply nods.

so they left the cafe and proceed to move on to the bar across the street. seungyoun lends eunhee his jacket, covering up her school uniform. the trio quietly heads towards the drunken man, striding unnoticeably. the man however was quick to discover their appearance. his eyes immediately shift to daniel.

"oh my, won't you look at that. it's the brother of the bitch." he sputters bitterly. "but then again, you're the one who exposed the whole thing, making me lose my job, so you're also a bitch. a family of bitches."

daniel takes a seat close to him, taking control. seungyoun and eunhee just look at them from afar, casually listening. daniel sighs. "you look horrible."

"thanks, i did not notice. how's the ghost kid doing?" he asks, referring to yohan.

"safe under my protection. he's none of your concern."

"and.. is he safe from her?"

".... also none of your concern."

he plausibly grins. "that woman? fucking crazy. she was the one who gave me the earth boy case, the one who practically got me yohan, but she ended up exposing me to you. got me tricked real good, i tell ya. all to get me fired and to take over my place.."

"she told you about the earthquake case?" seungyoun bats his eyelashes. the hangyul case, which was caused because of him trying to protect dohyon, ended up to them capturing yohan instead because of a slight misconception. it turned out to be a lucky coincidence when they found out yohan was also indeed an x1. "you weren't the one who captured yohan.. it was her?"