18

18 — EARNING MY TRUST

daniel's appearance had blessed them, yet it broke them apart the same time.

wooseok stares at the high ceiling, his glare sharp enough to cause a hailstorm.

"it's been extremely quiet lately." he murmurs.

"i thought you'd be happy with the silence," seungwoo says with a sly smile as he rinses the several potatoes he just bought in the supermarket. "there's no one to bother you."

"hyung, why haven't we met up with the kids again?"

"because i'm busy keeping up with med school, you're busy with your job, the kids are busy with school." seungwoo answers with a sigh. "plus seungyoun is busy running off like a person with no responsibilities alongside daniel."

feeling extremely disoriented, wooseok grabs his phone and called a number. "yohan's not answering."

"he's probably busy."

he switches to another number. "hyeongjun, too."

"the kid's runs here and there, he might not notice."

"dongpyo and dohyon aren't answering either."

"are you sure they're not answering? you made that conclusion up real fast without even pausing for a second. did you really call them?"

"i classify 'not answering after 3 rings' as a dismissed call, at least for a call from me, they usually answer it in a heartbeat." wooseok winces. "minhee's not answering— he's always on his phone! fuck, i almost called junho, stupid me."

"wooseok, calm down—"

"seungyoun! he's not answering his phone, aren't you supposed to be concerned at this point?!" wooseok grumbles as he takes a seat on the sofa and pulls himself a pillow to hurdle.

"wooseok-ah, you're overreacting. please, just calm down." seungwoo places the potatoes in the sink and heads towards him, placing his hand on his back. "are those kids you teach getting into your nerves? you don't seem to be at a stable state at the moment. you want me to make chamomile tea for you?"

wooseok stares at the ground for a few moments before raising his head up, glancing at seungwoo. "hyung,"

"hm?"

"can you please do me a favor?"

"what is it?"

he scrunches his nose, supposedly 'cutely'. "call kang daniel and ask him what's going on..?"

seungwoo couldn't help but strike a laugh. "kang daniel,"

"mmm-mmm!"

"why don't you try calling him yourself?"

"i don't want to sound desperate."

"but you are desperate."

"yeah, but you know i hate his guts!" he yells bitterly like a mad five year old, crossing both of his arms vulnerably.

"i remembered you said, i quote, 'i don't hate kang daniel, i just hate that he always tries to hurt seungyoun'. am i correct?"

"yeah, but now i hate him!"

"and why is that?"

"because he's now always with seungyoun!—" wooseok pauses abruptly. "and that means i have to do the dishes because seungyoun comes home late all the time! i hate it!"

seungwoo chuckles. "for the record, wooseok-ah, the reason why he's barely home is because he volunteers to take care of eunsang, not daniel." he casually takes out his phone. "but as you kept begging me like a boy asking for candy, i let myself grant that one wish of yours, just this once, though." he dials kang daniel's number.