25

im gonna ask u guys this again: by popular demand, WHICH ships do you want to be canon in this story? just making sure hehe(--)

25 — TRY TO STAY (IN)SANE

for what we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

( in other words : i don't like the bad boy!jaemin portrayed in many fanfics LOL let's see what i've planned out for him in this one. )

"kang minhee, have you lied to us on being this intelligent this whole time or has your brain just started working after all these years?!"

after the quite unanimous debate, the boys have gathered to spoil the man of the day with their love and enthusiasm, whilst still in trouble to believe what the latter had done on stage that has affected everyone. minhee's unusually neat figure is now ruined once the boys have gotten their hands on him, aggressively ruffling his hair and pulling both of his arms in excitement.

"who are you and what have you done to my bestfriend?!?" hyeongjun yells at him. "my best friend is never that smart!"

minhee supposedly wanted to consider that offensive, but because it's hyeongjun, he didn't pursue to take it seriously. "well, i didn't expect that either—"

"minhee-yah, you have made all of us proud. did you see junho's face when you started spitting straight facts? oh my, i grounded myself from taking essential pictures," yohan giggles.

"maybe we shouldn't have doubted him in anyway," dongpyo says with a sense of pride, grinning ear-to-ear. "forcing you to volunteer was really the best decision i've ever made. you've executed it perfectly and have won everyone's hearts."

minhee laughs awkwardly. "seriously, listening to you guys complimenting me in turns makes me feel extremely uncomfortable, but it's okay. tell me more."

"i know what could do the trick," dohyon grabs his phone out of the pocket. "get ready for another round of compliments by the hyungs!" he says as he turns on a video call.

"yes, celebrate! celebrate!" hyeongjun jumps up and down. "we should celebrate!"

"yah, this is not over yet, there's no time for celebration!" hangyul suddenly bursts into the room, stealing everyone's attention. "we need to get ready for the real deal, the voting period! planning an out of the box strategy will certainly confirm our win!"

the boys groan at hangyul's rushed strategy meeting that no one seem to be interested taking a part of. hangyul's face brightens up with a smile. "but of course, we wouldn't want to miss a few heartwarming compliments by the leader himself~"

"uri uri uri uri kang minhee!" jaemin hovers over the tables, wrapping his arms around the boy. "yah, chagiya~ you did so well, i could just kiss you right now!"

"yah, na jaemin, you didn't even bother to help on anything!" yohan calls him out. "don't act all friendly and think you were particularly helpful this whole day!"

"why would i have to help? minhee did everything on his own there! he's a natural!" jaemin pinches the latter's cheeks. "all i did was to observe and to make sure he was approaching the correct proposition. everything went on smoothly— excluding the cringey intro, of course — there was no reason for me to step in!"

hyeongjun leans to dongpyo. "this jaemin hyung is so different to the student body president jaemin-hyung. does he have a switch to change his personality or something? it's quite overwhelming."

"jaemin-hyung!" dongpyo calls him out.

"yes?"

"hyeongjun thinks you're scary."