-3-

It was 1pm and I heard someone's phone go off.

I turned to my side and saw Dave sleeping. It seemed like last night was a dream but apparently it really happened.

I rubbed my eyes and quietly got out of bed, took a shower and decided to make him something to eat.

As I was making steak and eggs, I felt him come up behind me and put his hands on my hips.

"Good morning Lani" he said.

I looked up at him and he kissed me.

"This smells amazing" he continued.

"Good I'm glad, because this your breakfast" I replied.

"Oh word?! You cookin for me? Damn ma, I'm really gonna have to cuff you" he said.

I laughed and served Dave his breakfast and made myself a fruit salad.

We sat at the table and ate while talking about our plans for the day. Having him around felt nice.

"So ma, what you doing this evening?" He asked.

"Work" i answered.

"Nah. You not working tonight. You gonna let me take you to dinner" he said.

"I have to go to work. I got bills to pay. Maybe we can go another time" I replied.

Dave sat quietly while finishing his breakfast.

"Let me pay you for the day" he said.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Let me pay you what you would make at work today." He repeated.

"Nah, no way am I accepting that offer. You wildin" I replied.

Dave sighed and nodded his head.

"Aii. Heard. Well I should be heading out. Thank you for breakfast. I appreciate everything." He said.

I looked at him and could tell he wasn't pleased. If I wasn't so attracted to him, I would have let him walk out, but I couldn't. Not without knowing that I'd see him again.

"Wait. I guess with what I made last night, I can afford a day off. What do you have planned?" I asked.

Daves entire demeanor changed. He turned around and smiled at me.

"Be ready by 7. Ill come pick you up. And... Bring an extra pair of clothes" he said before walking out of my apartment.

My heart skipped a beat. I actually had a real date. It had been years since I went out for dinner with a guy. Most men weren't interested in dating a stripper. They just wanted to smash and dash.

I cleaned up the dishes, logged into my online class and tried my best to focus. The only thing I could think about was Dave.

After completing the lesson and doing my assignments. I checked my phone and got a text from Dave.

D: Cant stop thinkin bout you and that pretty lil face of yours. I'm looking forward to this evening

I got butterflies as I read the message. Dave was such a sweetheart.

I messaged him back a kissy face emoji and decided to work out before getting ready for my date.

I had picked out a cute lil black dress and a pair of black pumps to match.

It was finally 7 and my phone started ringing.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey Lani, I'm downstairs. Remember to bring an overnight bag" he said in his raspy voice.

"Okay I'll be down in a second," I replied.

I quickly grabbed my purse and overnight bag, looked in the mirror, sprayed myself with perfume and made sure I looked good, before leaving.

When I made it down stairs, Dave was waiting outside of his car. He quickly grabbed my overnight bag and purse from me and kissed my cheek.

"Hey beautiful. You look sexy as fuck. " he said while grabbing my ass.

I couldn't help but laugh..

"Thank you pa, you look good too," I replied.

He opened the car door for me and helped me inside.

"So you ready for a nice romantic evening?" He asked while starting the car.

"Yeah. Its been a while" I replied.

"Well keep fuckin with me, and this will be a regular thing" he said while caressing my chin.

"You're such a smooth talker" I joked.

"it's part of my job ma" he replied.

"Are you finally gonna tell me what you do for a living?" I asked.

He laughed and licked his lips as he drove off.

"Don't worry about that ma. Lets just enjoy our evening" he said.

I was so confused. Why was he so hesitant to tell me about what he did for a living. Nothing could be worse than a stripper. My mind started running. Was he drug dealer? Even if he was, why was he so scared to tell me?

We had finally pulled up to this fancy ass restaurant. The valet came to park Daves car and we walked inside.

"Mr. Brewster. Welcome. It's an honor to have you here. Come this way and I'll take you to your table" the host said.

Dave grabbed my hand and we followed him to our seats.

The place was secluded from everyone else which was odd. Dave must have been someone important.

Once we sat, the waiter brought us a bottle of champagne and our menus.

"This place is really nice." I said looking around.

"Im glad you like it ma" he replied.

I looked at the menu and the prices were ridiculous. I almost didn't want to order.

I ended up getting a salad and Dave got steak and potatoes.

We spent the whole evening talking about life. It was such a nice feeling to be able to get to know each other in such an intimate environment. I felt like I got to really know him for who he was, which was a great father, a wonderful son and a loyal friend. He was making it difficult for me not to crush on him.

After we ate, Dave paid the bill and he held my hand as we left the restaurant. On the way out some guy had walked past with single roses and Dave stopped him.

"Boss, lemme get one of em roses." he said, while pulling out his wallet.

"3 dollar" the guy said.

Dave pulled out a 20 and took the flower.

"Keep the change boss. Have a blessed night" he said.

Dave turned back to me and passed me the rose.

"Here baby girl" he said with a smile

"Thank you pa. Dinner was amazing." I said as I kissed his cheek.

"You missed" he said.

"What?" I asked sounding confused.

He kissed me on my lips and I had gotten goosebumps all over my body.

The valet pulled up with Dave's car, he tipped him and then we headed off.

"Where to now?" I asked.

"My crib." He answered with a smile.