-19-

The next morning I woke up at Mel's and decided to buy her some breakfast as a thank you for having me over. This chic barely had food in her fridge so I went and did a quick food shopping as well.

Since I told Dave about being pregnant, I had kept my phone on silent. I wasn't ready to talk to him yet.

Mel and I ate and I got ready for my doctor's appointment. I had yet to decide what I wanted to do with the baby so I finally swallowed my pride and and checked my phone. 

Dave had left a voicemail 3 minutes ago so I listened to that before reading his hundreds of texts.

"Baby girl. Please pick up the phone. I know you mad at me but please baby girl, please just call me. I love you and I love our baby so much. Lani, you make me the happiest man in the world. And now you're carrying my seed. I cant even begin to explain how happy that makes me. Baby girl, we created life together. Our legacy and product of love is growing inside of you. Thats our baby Lani… Just please… Call me. I cut my trip short and I'm heading back tonight. I just hope you change your mind and come back home. I love you." He said. 

The sound of his voice made me cry. I wasnt sure if it was because of the hormones or because I missed him. But regardless of why, I got the sign I was looking for.

I messaged him back and sent : 🙏🏼❤.

"Mamas, whats wrong" Mel asked.

"I'm gonna keep the baby" I said.

"Awwwww yay. I'm gonna be an aunty!!!!!" Mel yelled while hugging me. 

She took me to the doctor and then dropped me home so I could be there when Dave got home. 

"Thank you for everything Mel" I said as I left her car. 

"Of course mamas. That's what friends are for." She said.

I went inside and did some laundry while waiting for Dave to get back home. 

He messaged me a picture to prove he was on a flight

The moment I heard the door open, my heart skipped a beat

The moment I heard the door open, my heart skipped a beat. I walked into the living room and Dave dropped his bag and walked to me. He wrapped his arms around me, lifted me up and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. 

He placed me down and got down on his knees to kiss my stomach as well. 

"Im sorry." I softly said, breaking the silence.

"Baby no, I'm sorry. I been a dick head bout how I treat you. You deserve better. And I'm gonna promise you that Ima do better by you." He replied.

"Me too. I guess it's safe to say that we didn't treat each other as well as we should have." I said.

"Word, thats gonna change now though. Cause baby girl, I aint going nowhere. You officially stuck with me for life. Good or bad" Dave replied.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Sounds like we're married." I said..