-20-

Dave been in Atlanta for two days and I was home enjoying my time with his parents. At first I was hesitant but they were really sweet amazing people. And it was nice that Dave's mom didn't treat me like I was made of glass.

We cooked, went shopping, did some gardening, and just enjoyed our time. Being with his mom made me miss my parents so much. But I knew as long as Daves parents were around, I had a family. 

After Daves mom and I had cooked dinner. We all sat at the table and Dave's father had asked if I've heard from his son.

I was so caught up in enjoying my time with them that I hadn't noticed that he didn't call last night. 

"Not today. But I did speak to him yesterday morning" i replied.

"That damn boy act like he ain't got no sense in his head. His mama texted him today and he ain't even answer. He out there living his best life." Dave's father said.

"Oh hush. You're always tryna start something. Let the boy live." His mama said.

"The boy living too much is the damn problem. He got himself a beautiful woman, a daughter, and a baby on the way. He supposed to be home. Music and clubs can wait. I ain't even see my grand baby in months. " His father replied.

Dave's mom shot his father a deadly stare.

"Im jus saying…" He said.

"Well go say that somewhere else. Preferably to your son. You wanna complain but dont tell him a damn thing when hes around" she replied. 

It was awkward as hell and I wanted to go home but I didn't want to be rude. After they finished eating, I helped clean up and went home. While laying in bed, I went to check Instagram and ended up falling asleep.

The next morning I was woken up to Mel blowing up my phone.

"Hello?" I groggily said.

"Bitch, what the hell. I been calling you for the past hour." She yelled.

"My fault I was sleeping. Whats up?' I asked.

"That's what I'm tryna find out. You peeped ya man's baby moms insta? That shit was on the shaderoom…" Mel answered.

"What are you talking about? I don't follow her or the shaderoom so na I didn't see anything." I replied.

"Oh God. Ima send you the pics…" She said.

My heart stopped for a moment. I already knew what I was probably going to see.

The moment she sent the pictures, I put her on hold and checked.….

…

"Yo, this nigga is dead to me" I yelled

"For real though. Fuck him. I'm coming back from Cali tonight. You got the key to the crib. If I were you, I'd pack your shit and leave" she said.

"You're right. I'm leaving. This is too much." I said holding back my tears.

I hung up, started packing my clothes and called a cab. My heart was broken. I wanted to be mad at him, but I also blamed myself. If I would have left the first time, I wouldn't be in this position.

Instead of going to Mel's I decided to rent a hotel room. I just wanted to be alone.

I ordered myself room service, cuddled up in bed and just cried. At this point it was too late to get an abortion and I had no home of my own. 

Dave had messaged me he had just landed at JFK and I blocked his number. I wanted nothing to do with that man. Period. 

I had been in the hotel room for at least 3 days without really doing much but crying and sleeping. I was still so hurt at Dave that I fell into a depression. I was even ignoring Mel's calls.

After my 5th day in the hotel I finally got the strength to get out of bed and go look for an apartment. Fortunately I had money saved from living with Dave so I was able to find a studio apartment and buy myself a bed set. That's all I really needed.

When I finally settled in my new home I decided to finally go on Instagram. I had close to 35 thousand followers and over 200 messages. I was beyond confused. Just last week I only had 500. 

I looked at my notifications and saw that Dave had posted up all of our pictures together and tagged me to them. I clicked on one and read the caption... 

"@laniiblue is the love of my life. I miss you baby girl, please come home." 

Another post said: 

"Its fucced up when ya baby mom tries to sabotage ya relationship by posting old bogus ass pics and taggin blogs to air my business out. You a dumb bitch for that. Just know... you lucky you birthed my daughter" 

I re-read that post and looked at the comments. 

It seemed as if Kairis mom had done all that shit on purpose. I didn't know if I should believe it or not and I certainly wasn't going to talk to him about it. 

I knew exactly who I needed to talk to…. His ex.