-12-

The next couple of days in LA were amazing. Dave and I had done so many fun and new things that just brought us even closer. 

It unfortunately was time to head back home. Part of me wanted to stay in LA and start a new life but I knew Dave's heart was in New York and as long as he was there, that's all that mattered.

After a 6 hour long flight, we finally landed back home. Dave had a car pick us up and we drove off.

I was looking out of the window and noticed we were close to my job.

"You ready to finally quit?" Dave said as the car pulled up.

"Damn babe. We just got back home and you already got me back at this place" I replied. 

He laughed and kissed my hand. 

"I wasnt playin when I told you that we was gonna come so you quit your job. Now come on babe, lets go" he said. 

We both got out of the car and into the club.

"Wait babe, i think I can go alone" I replied. 

"Nah. I don't want your boss tryna convince you to stay. We gonna do this my way" Dave answered. 

He held my hand and we walked up to the bosses office. I softly knocked on the door and awaited permission to enter. 

"Lani! Dave! What are the odds that I'd see both of you here at the same time… Lani give me a second with Dave. Hes probably here to talk business" my boss said. 

"Yeah I am actually. I'm here to tell you that Lani aint gonna be working for you anymore." Dave said.

"Excuse me? You're together? Im sorry but shes the best we have. She isn't going anywhere" my boss replied. 

Dave looked like he was losing his patience and quick. 

"You excused nigga. Who the fuck is you? You don't own her. If shorty wanna leave, she gonna leave" Dave said while stepping up to my boss in anger. 

I reached over and held his hand. I could feel him loosening up a bit.

"Alright look, I don't want any problems. Consider her taken off of the roster."  My boss replied.

"Yeah I thought so nigga" Dave said.

"Come on baby girl" he continued while walking me out of the office.

As soon as we left the club and got in the car, he squeezed my thigh and kissed me. 

"Now we gonna take that ass home, get you dressed and go out to celebrate." He said. 

I was in awe. This man really just quit my job for me. He wasn't joking about this shit. Dave was really serious about us. 

When we got to my home, Dave helped me get my suitcase out of the car. As we were walking up to my building I heard a whistle.

I looked down the block and my heart stopped. It was Kendrick a blood nigga who use to go to the club and throw bands. He was also part of the same set that had beef with my brother.

"Word Lani, you fuckin crip niggas now?" Kendrick yelled. 

"Who the fuck is this nigga?!" Dave asked.

"Don't pay him any mind" I replied while grabbing my keys. 

"I know you and this East nigga hear me. You too good now since you fuckin rappers now? Heard that. Just remember what happened to ya lil brother. We ain't got a problem takin out another of them clown ass niggas." Kendrick yelled.