Lycanthropy

Claws met flesh as blood splattered across the clearing; the night creatures flew out of the trees as Lisa, in her beastial form, crossed fangs with the creature in front of her. Jennie stood behind a tree as her heart raced a thousand laps around the earth; it rang in her ears louder than the force of each slash Lisa's foe took.

            Under the full moon, the two great creatures traded blow for blow without letting up, aware that their lives were on the line. Lisa was far stronger than her foe and Jennie knew this; the creature faltered as Lisa impaled her razor-like claws through her shoulder and let blood spray across the green beneath them.

            Cries of pain echoed in the forest that shook the very trees around the two, as Lisa dislodged her claw from her foe's shoulder before she impaled her straight through the heart. She barked at her foe with golden serpent-like eyes darted straight into hers; her foe met her eyes with clenched teeth as Lisa growled before she bit her neck to finish the job.

            "Li...sa?"

            Jennie squeaked but as she did the werewolf snarled at her and lunged at her; with bloodied fangs and dagger-like claws extended with fury, Jennie closed her eyes in fear as she waited for the pain to come.

            "NO!"

            Jennie screamed as she sat up; her heartbeat ran a mile as her body perspired uncontrollably whilst she stared down at the palm of her hands. The moonlight passed through the gaps in her curtains as she took deep shallow breaths.

            "It was just a dream," Jennie comforted herself as she clenched her heart as if it would run out of her chest. Wiping her sweat she stood up and went to the bathroom, flicked the switch on and turned the tap on; she looked at her face in the mirror as she splashed water on her face and stared at herself once more. "It never happened, Nini."

            She heaved a deep breath and stepped out of her bathroom, then lied back into her bed. Staring up at the ceiling, Jennie thought about her horrible dream that felt all too real. She has never had such a dream in her life and for her to suddenly have one was a mystery; it was as if her dream actually happened to her, but it could not have.

            Could it?

            Jennie closed her eyes and embraced the night, allowing herself to drift off into sleep.

            Meanwhile, under the light of the stars, Lisa sat cross-legged in the darkness with only the night sky above her. With closed eyes, she took deep breaths and exhaled quietly as if the ghosts could hear her.

            "Lisa," Marco spoke as she entered the basement; he lingered on the staircase as he eyed her back in the darkness. "I know you heard her."

            Lisa did not respond and kept her eyes closed as Marco descended what was left of the staircase. He stood behind her as Lisa felt her eyebrows twitch at his scent; the feral instinct within her growled as Marco neared her.

            "Lisa, you have to train," Marco spoke as he touched her shoulder which infuriated her. "You've recently awoken, my child."

            "Don't you dare call me that."

            Marco sighed as he retracted his hand, "Lisa."

            "You knew? And you never told me?"