Overture

Life slowly escaped her body as the taller girl hardened her grip on her throat; she could feel her breathing hasten in an attempt to save herself. Indifferently, the blonde stared right into her cat-liked eyes and the color in them gradually turned to dull; her face gradually turned pale from the lack of oxygen.

The last thread of her existence hung as she watched her hands drop as though she accepted her death; Rosé remained listless to what she did. This was not what she wanted, but it was necessary. Her clan wanted Jennie dead and her orders were to eliminate her at an excruciatingly slow manner; a slow torturous death.

As she slowly hardened her grip, she felt a presence behind her and smirked; this is what she has been waiting for. In a blink of an eye, she dropped Jennie and turned around to face her would-be savior, then did a straight jab of her knife. But just as she anticipated, her attack was deflected and she got herself thrown over her opponents shoulder, away from Jennie.

In front of her stood a woman that covered her face, and even her eyes, but her hair could be seen even with a hood over her head; she wore a pair of baggy jeans with a French coat on her shoulders that was a separate piece from her hood in all black. Her attire told her that she had been snooping around as much as she have.

"I never really believed you were dead," Rosé spoke and smiled as she raised her blade into a stance; Lisa just kept silent and raised her knuckles. Rosé darted forward and tried to land a left hook to her cheek, but Lisa deflected it and attempted to land a counter to her stomach; Rosé knew that she would aim there and blocked it with her arm.

But as she moved her left arm to her stomach, Lisa's arm rose higher and hit her right on her left cheek; Rosé did not anticipate that at all. Retracting her right arm, she tried to land a blow to her stomach, but Lisa was faster as she snaked her left arm around it and held her head, then connected it to her knee. Swiftly, Rosé pushed Lisa's knee back with her right arm.

In a flash, Lisa landed another blow to Rosé's stomach and her face in quick succession before she let her left arm free. Rosé fell back a few steps as she tried to regain her footing; something did not feel right. She spat out some blood as she stared at her opponent intently and tried to find a quick end to this fight; her eyes landed briefly on the now unconscious Jennie and smirked.

Darting forward, Rosé slid down in between her opponent's legs and caught Jennie as she slid, then stood up a few meters away from Lisa; she held her knife against Jennie's neck and tried to determine what Lisa would do. They stared at each other for a second, before Lisa took the initiative and launched a fan of knives at Rosé.

Clicking her tongue, Rosé turned around and took a knife to her left shoulder to protect Jennie; as she turned to look at Lisa, she has already darted forward just a few meters away from her. Without thinking, Rosé  gently let go of Jennie and snatched Lisa's face cover; Rosé saw a glimpse of her eyes and realised that it was not who she thought it was.

Revealed, her opponent leapt a few feet back and retreated to the other end of the hallway; Rosé fell suit despite the wound she acquired, but when she rounded the corner, there was not a single trace of her. Sighing softly, she returned to Jennie and picked her up carefully, then phone Marco to pick Jisoo up.

"Those eyes..."

In the dark of the room, Rosé sat quietly as she slowly opened her eyelids; the night greeted her as she rubbed her temples softly at the memory that woke her from her brief slumber. Taking a deep breath, she exhaled quietly as though her breathing could wake even dragons. Before her lie the beauty that had the answers to some of her questions – Jennie Kim.