The Heat

"I felt like an animal, and animals don't know sin, do they?" – Jess C. Scott

            "Alright, that's it for today."

            First period was finally over and Jennie groaned as she stood up with Lisa; she felt her brain sizzle from all the homework that she would have to do. It was not that she had any to actually do now, but she was having a hard time juggling them.

            Jennie sighed as Lisa noted them; she has gotten used to Jennie's sigh, but still found them somewhat irritable and wished for her to stop it. The two of them made their way to the next class with Jisoo in tow; she had been hanging out with them since Tuesday and Jennie did not mind her.

            "What's with the unearthly sighing again?" Jisoo queried as if she read Lisa's mind.

            "Homework thy greatest enemy hath returned," Jennie replied with a frown as the three of them walked into the classroom.

            "Is it that bad?"

            Jennie nodded as she took her seat, "Yes, it's obnoxious."

            "Says the honour student," Jisoo teased as she sat in front of her.

            "I'm not," Jennie sighed as the bell rang just as Lisa took her seat beside her. "I just have a lot of stuff to do."

            Lisa remained silent as she observed Jennie; the way air escaped her pink lips made her stare and the way the sun touched her cheek made her look like a portrait waiting to be sketched. She was beautiful for a fact, but has she always been so tempting?

            For the rest of the hour, Lisa has not removed her eye on Jennie, even though class was ongoing. Lisa knew there was something wrong with her and every time caught her staring, she could feel her pulse rise out of nowhere.

            Jennie smile seems to dazzle in slow motion as her cat-liked eyes glow almost gold in her eyes and Lisa would feel something in her burn. What is all this? Lisa thought as she tried to steer her gaze away from Jennie nonchalantly as if it did not affect her.

            But in truth, it did.

            Lisa could not steer her eyes away from Jennie for more than a minute somehow; she could feel the need to touch her somehow as if by her touch, she would melt instantly. The way her eyelids flicker open looked absolutely beautiful especially when they lit up with every smile Jennie made.

            Lisa knew not why she felt in such a way, but when she heard the bell ring she was the first to get up before the two. Jisoo noted Lisa's actions and found it oddly curious, but at the same time she did not. She could smell her scent and knew that she was burning with desire – to mate.

            Jisoo knows that you cannot smell your own scent and if Lisa could smell hers, she was sure that she would just deny it. Amused, Jisoo just let it all unfold before her as the three of them proceeded to third period, where the process repeated.

            Jisoo has seen the change with Lisa and she admired her adaptability; she was already at the apex of her newfound powers, when it took Jisoo years just to master the most basic powers. But either way, if they were in such a war, she was glad that Lisa was on their side.

            Third period went and gone, the three of them headed to the bleachers outside; they all sat in a circle with Jisoo on the lower bench, whilst the soft breeze of the autumn morning blew softly. Lisa leant back as she tried her hardest not to look at Jennie's enticing eyes.