The Green Hand of Jealousy

"Happy birthday!" The group raised their glasses and cheered the birthday girl. Sandara could only blush and smile at them for the surprise party. She did not anticipate this whole event and hid in the crook of CL's neck, her embarrassment at its peak.

Jennie smiled at her seniors who were so adorable together; Dara pecked CL's cheek in front of everyone and kept it at that. From what Jennie heard from Minnie, they usually go all out with public display of affection, but their two years relationship taught them not to. She could only imagine the times they got into awkward moments caused by their need to breed.

"They look so cute," Minnie commented as she took another sip of her cup.

Jennie nodded, "I know, right?

The sun had already gone down and everyone had had their fill of the pool; the party originally started at four, where Jennie had to persuade Mr Kwon to let her go earlier. The old man simply could not refuse her and allowed her to go with a smile; for him, it was not often that Jennie could go home early to be a teenager, which was why he was often so quick to agree.

Rosé observed the happy couples around her: CL and Dara, Mino and Bom, Ten and Minzy, all of them were so close to each other that she felt the need to puke. Truthfully, she wanted the relationship they had and wondered if she will ever get it too; with a mental sigh, she turned to Jennie on the other end of the table and gazed at her for a moment before she looked away when their eyes met.

Neither one of them had spoken with each other since Tuesday and Minnie had already thought that they were once again fighting. Rosé was quick to dismiss that notion and Minnie could not help but believe them; for all she knew, it was Rosé's plan to get Jennie for good, but what is her plan?

"Guys," Taew spoke with a wide smile just as they arrived; the table turned to then – all except Rosé. "We brought a friend, hope you don't mind?"

Rosé gritted her teeth with indifferent eyes as Lisa stood in between Taew and Yaya; she did not anticipate her appearing tonight. Jennie smiled at Lisa, who tried not to keep her eyes on her. Currently, Lisa was still in disguise which meant that she could not hang around Jennie too long – it would be rude.

The table welcomed her with smiles of approval and all of them nodded as much as the birthday girl stood up from CL's lap and hugged her; Sandara hugged her close, but Lisa could only pretend to be happy. She did not attend this party for her, but for the formalities, she brought a present.

"Thanks for coming," Dara spoke as she pulled back an arm's length; Lisa slowly lifted the present in between Dara's arms which made the birthday girl giggle. "Ooh, a present, thank you."

"Happy birthday," Lisa smiled as she watched Dara return to that hazel eyed prefect's lap and show her the present Lisa brought. Yaya, Taew and her sat at the end of the table, then dug into the food laid before them.

All of them sat around two long plastic tables that stood opposite the house; in between them lie the pool that was the width of the house itself. Lisa could only imagine how deep it went, but she does not care. The table bore a lot of dishes that were cooked directly from the grill that stood a few feet away from the table; despite the color of the food that nearly looked burnt, they tasted good.

The sparkle in Jennie's eyes and her wide smile said it all, and as much as Lisa wanted her attention on her alone, she could not; she was still undercover. The week went by faster than she could anticipate and even under her disguise, she knew that someone was watching. The photo she received from an untraceable number angered her that added more than a dozen barrels of vexes; she just had to release them on that pervert.