The Question

"You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not." – Jodi Picoult

"So," the woman with dark brown eyes she saw earlier that day spoke as she took a piece of sushi from the plate with her chopsticks, "You must be the hungry friend I've heard so much about from these two."

Jennie nodded in embarrassment, "Uh, yes ma'am."

"And she called me ma'am too," the lady giggled like a teenage girl as though a compliment was uncommon to her ears as she put food on Jennie's plate, "You should just call me mom."

"Mom?" Jennie queried with a tilted head.

"Mom?" Rosé joined in the confusion and halted mid-way from taking sushi with her right hand.

"Mom," Lisa spoke with a bit of vex at the way her mother was behaving, "Please stop being a pest."

Puffing her cheeks, Mrs. Bruschweiler sat back down, "Honey you don't have to be mean to mommy."

"Well, mom," Lisa replied as she turned to her with her same indifferent yet soft gaze, "Jennie just recovered so let her have a peaceful dinner."

Pouting, Mrs. Bruschweiler just ate a piece of crab sushi and even chewed her chopsticks, "You've grown into a mean girl, Pokpak."

"I heard that, mom," Lisa replied and smirked when Mrs. Bruschweiler looked away; Jennie and Rosé just enjoyed the show that happened before them. Jennie was in between Lisa and Rosé during dinner; ever since Jennie's sudden episode of memory overlaps, Lisa refused to leave her side.

Not much has been said between the two and Jennie had yet to say something to her; Lisa respected the silence and kept her distance from her to give her space. When she saw Jennie's quivering body with her hands on her face while she sat, she never wanted to leave her again; at that time, Jennie did not respond to their calls to a point that Lisa had to kiss her just to bring her back.

Rosé felt useless when that occurred right in front of her; she wanted to help Jennie, but when she saw her lifeless eyes, her mind blanked out and did not know what to do. Thankfully, Lisa was just nearby and sprung to action; when she watched her bring the life back into Jennie's eyes, she could only watched at the side with a clenched fist for her inability to help. All of it happened just when she realized how much she felt for her and to watch Lisa take the lips she wanted for herself, she felt fire course through her veins in jealousy.

On the other hand, Jennie could not find an explanation for them as to how it happened; she told her everything that had happened that even Mrs. Bruschweiler was speechless. None of them has encountered such an occurrence - even if two of them knew about the supernatural. Jennie could only hang her head low as she tried to decipher this; she wondered if there was reason behind it all, but her brain could only know so much.

"Eat," Lisa spoke softly which brought Jennie out of her thoughts and made her look at the sushi Lisa held out for her with her chopsticks; it took Jennie a second before she bit off the shrimp on the sushi before her eyes met the pair of doe eyes she has been searching for this whole time. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good," Jennie lied and looked away as her face grew red from her hastened heartbeat; the feelings that Lisa brought out of her remained and grew stronger as though she never left.

Lisa listened to her heartbeat and noted how it drummed a lie, but let it slide for now; she did not wish to make her uncomfortable and respected her privacy. Rosé took note of this short exchange and felt a little miffed that Lisa made Jennie go red with just her look; apart from that, this was the first time she actually heard her ask someone about how they were. Lisa has always been a caring person, but changed suddenly when Mrs. Bruschweiler disappeared; now that she's back, Rosé could tell that Lisa was softening.