The Lady

"How is he?"

"His burns are too deep, he's already scarred."

"Will he live?"

Staring at Jiyong, Mina can only guess at the answer as she examined every part of him; it would have been better if she had her glasses with her but did not. All she can see were severe burns that could have killed an ordinary human, but then again, she was not tending to a mere human – it was a veteran wolf.

Signs of recovery were evident on his skin, but Mina could only assume the length of time it would take before he would fully heal; death was knocking heavily on his door. Perspiring, Mina tried to patch up his burns with the make-do equipment she had; none of them were potent enough to even ease his pain.

Rosé tried to help Mina with all she could and attended to whatever she needed, be it a bandage, a balm, or a tissue, she was there to lend a helping hand; she could not bear to watch her handle the situation alone, knowing that it bore a lot of pressure.

Marco was there to assess the situation and tried to figure out what he could possible do; at the moment, he cannot provide any help, given that he had no experience with such a travesty. He did not wish for this man to be on his last string of life, even if they did torture him, they never intended for his death.

How ironic.

Staring blankly at Jiyong's nearly deceased body, Chittip wondered about what occurred earlier; she did not anticipate him to be barbequed, but had anticipated for something like an intervention. However, it never occurred to her that it would be Jennie of all people – the person who has been the damsel in distress for such a long time.

It was rather amusing to her that even someone like her bore such a magnitude of power; the question lies if whether there was more to that power. She stared at Jiyong as he slowly tried to recuperate his dark skin that nearly looked like charcoal that would break upon the slightest of touches.

She watched as Mina tore her wits apart just to save a man she knew very well would not have been able to survive that; three of them have never seen such a thing before. The blue flame that burnt brighter than the sun nearly melted their own faces of and yet there they stood, unharmed.

"How is he?" Jennie queried as she burst through the cabin door; concern branded itself on her beautiful face.

Mina shook her head, "I-I'm not sure."

"We don't have the proper supplies to aid him," Rosé spoke on behalf of the frantic doctor, who looked like she was about to lose her mind; the color of her eyes nearly looked pale as though her soul as a practitioner slowly escaped her body. "Mina is doing everything she can to save him!"

Jennie approached Jiyong and looked at him with a deep frown upon her face; his face was lacerated to the point that he was hardly recognizable: his nose melted, his eyelids were non-existent, his eyeballs burnt at surface level. But above all else, her lips no longer covered her teeth – now bare, with the mark of the flames.

Marco looked at her with a frown upon his lips for being unable to prevent this; he had the power to defy the elders and yet he did not. His indecision has led him to a much more painful ending; it ate at his conscience as he looked away, even more ashamed than he was for the death of a fellow pack member.

Out of ideas, Mina dropped her hands on the bed as he stared down at the blankets; all the years of study disappeared in her head. She no longer knew what to do and her mind gave up on the man even though her heart could not bear it; tears escaped her wide open eyes as she silently loathed herself for being unable to save a life.