Ch. 1

It was a Saturday night; 11 O clock at night. I sat in my deflated red beanbag in the corner of my room on my phone. 

"And you think he likes me?", I say, smugly, cupping my hands over the receiver.

"I'm pretty sure", my friend, Kylie replies, and I can tell she's smiling on the other end.

"Okay", I say slowly, "Well, what do I do?".

"Same thing you did with Jack", She says, "Confess your feeling, ask him out".

"It's not that easy, Ky", I mumble, "Were in 8th grade now. You can't just say 'I like you' and then expect to be boyfriend and girlfriend".

"Well, no", Kylie giggles, "But you can still tell him how you feel".

"I'd feel stupid", I say.

"No, you wouldn't", Kylie insists, "And hey! Katie and Gina are going ice skating tomorrow. Why don't we go? You could invite him...".

"Nooo", I moan, "Kylie!".

"Think about it, it'd be a pretty smart choice-I think".

Just then, my mom pushes the door open a little bit, and peeks in. 

"I'll text you", I say to Kylie, and hang up.

"Why aren't you asleep, baby?", Mom asks, cradling me with her arms, gently.

"I'm not tired", I state, grinning.

"Well, then", Mom says, "You'll have no problem getting up tomorrow at the crack of dawn for church".

"No, I won't", I say. 

*beep*

I glance at my screen. A notification from Snapchat shows up, instantly. It's a DM from Parker, the boy I like.

Mom raises her eyebrows, "New boyfriend already?", She says.

I've only had 2 boyfriends. Jack in 6th grade (which lasted maybe 5 months), and Trent (Who was a year older then me and whom I had my first kiss with.) We broke-up this summer (4 months ago) when he went into 9th grade and I went into 8th. 

"Nah", I say cooly, "Just a little crush".

Mom smiles sincerely and the says, "He like you, too?".

"Aww, maybe", I blush, "Kylie thinks so".

"You?".

"I'm not so sure".

"That's alright. Sometimes it's nice to take your time with those things", She says, "Just remember, before you go out-Dad and I have to approve".

"I knowww", I moan.

"Okay", She laughs, "Just making sure".

"A-waaaaahhhhh".

"Is that Mckayla?", I say.

"Yeah", Mom frowns, "I gotta go give her another bottle. I'll see you in the morning, Sweetheart".

"Okay", I say, "Night".

"Night, darling".

She flicks off my lights, and I swipe my screen, heading straight to snapchat.