Ch. 26

I went into Labor on February 3rd, at 2 am 

Austin called my Mom, and she picked us up at 2:10.

At the Hospital ...

"How you doing?", Austin asks nervously, "Good? Oh, God, help me!"

I'm not doing good at all. I'm in the hall, squeezing the hell out of my Mom's hand, and screaming in pain. 

Austin's pacing and the nurses are running around, frantically, trying to get a doctor.

"Can my daughter please just get into a room? She's having a baby for goodness sake!", My mom screams.

"Yes, of course, right this way", The nurse says. 

I groan and slowly walk down the hall when my water breaks. That freaks me out, and I start screaming and crying hysterically.

Mom keeps guiding me forward, and Austin's following behind. 

10 mins later ...

I'm finally on the bed, and now they're just waiting for me to dilate to ten. I'm at 9cm and it hurts like heck. 

"Ugghhh," I moan, "It hurts !!"

"I know, I know", Mom keeps saying, "It's okay".

45 mins later ...

"Riley, you gotta push!", The doctor yells. 

I want her to stop yelling at me. Everything hurts, and I'm so tired. They said the Epidural would do that. 

"Okay, push!", The doctor says, again, "Push, Riley!"

I push, screaming and crying, and I can feel the head slowly make its way out of my body. 

Austin's holding one of my hands, tightly, and Mo's grasping the other. I'm pushing, and pushing-and all my energy I give to the pain. 

"Ahhhnnn ... Ahhhnnn ... Uggghhh", I moan. 

"Push !!", She yells, yet again, "One more time!".

I push hard, using up the last of my energy, as the baby slides out of me. 

"It's a boy !!", The nurse says.

I nod and grin weakly at Austin. 

The doctor starts rubbing my baby in between her hands, and it turns a pink color. 

The nurse lays him on me, and I fall in love. He's beautiful.

"Good job, honey," The nurse says, gently. 

"Congratulations, baby," Mom whispers.

"Were parents", Austin smiles, and I agree.

Austin snips the cord, and then the nurse carried him away, and I sleep. 

Later ...

"His name is Randen Malachi Hammer", Austin and I announce proudly. 

My siblings are there, and so are my parents. All the girls are there, including Hannah. Austin's next to me cuddled up on the bed. And our baby's in my arms. 

He's finally here. 

Everything went smoothly, and I couldn't have asked for a better family and friends. They care about me, and I care about them.

Jesus led me on this journey, and it taught me so much. Through sharp turns, and rickety rocks, to meeting my first love, and my baby.

And it is. 

My baby 

I like that.