Ch. 11

"Riley, why?", Kylie was over and she was giving me a lovely lecture.

"Because I don't want him to ruin my life," I say, "Oh wait, He already did."

"Oh my god, Riley. I can't believe you! You are being so selfish! ", She exclaims.

"I am not," I protest, "He's the one who made me pregnant!"

"No. One, you are not pregnant. Two, you said yourself it was your idea, "Kylie says, looking at me with wide eyes.

"My idea? To get pregnant? Yeah, right! "

"Riley, you called me saying you were positive because you suggested it at the Cafe! He just agreed. Did you even care to see what He thought? No. You have been very selfish this summer. To be honest, you're not being fun. I'm sorry, Ri, but it's the truth. "

"Kylie!", I cried, "I can't believe it! You-my best friend-think I'm being no fun? "

"I'm your best friend, Ri. I care about you," She smiles at me warmly, "I came over because I care about you, and so does Parker. You're a good girl, Riley. And I know for a fact that you both didn't mean anything. You were just upset. "

I stared at her, thinking. She raised an eyebrow.

"Right?", She asks.

"Yeah, I guess so," I say, "But I really do have so much going on. I think it might be time to take a break from eachother. Besides, he doesn't even think I'm pregnant! Who wants a boyfriend like that? "

"A realistic boyfriend?", She asks, "And also, he's right. You are not pregnant. "

"How do you know?", I ask.

"How do you know?", She asks.

"My period's late", I said. 

"By how much?", She asks, sighing.

"Umm...two days".

"God. You're still irregular!", She groans, "Look if you start really getting symptoms take a test, but right now, I wouldn't fret over it. Just calm down".

"Ky?", I say.

"Whattt?", She moans, looking at me, clearly annoyed.

"I hate Parker Hendrick".

"Why the hell do you hate him?", She asks, rolling her eyes, "You just broke up 2 hours ago! Dude, I can't even".

"I just hate him".

"Ok. You can stop, now, Riley", She says, "We all know that's not true".

"It is very true, Kylie. I hate Parker and that's that".

"If you hate him, why'd you have sex with him?".

"Kylie!!!", I scream.

"Sorry, but seriously, what are you gonna do if you're pregnant with you freaking ex' baby?".

"Abort it", I say flatly, looking down at my feet.

Kylie puts her arm around me, and I lay my head on her shoulder.

"Riley", She whispers.

"Hmm?", I murmur.

"You need to pray", She says, gently, "You need to pray hard".

I start crying then and Kylie holds me tighter. I don't ever want her to let go. I couldn't ask for a better friend. Practically a sister.