Ch. 15

"Riley, C'mon!", Parker practically screeches in my ear. 

I take the phone away from my ear and take a deep breath. 

"Riley, you said we were taking a break!", He cried, exasperated, "We were going to get back together eventually. Right?".

"Parker", I say, gently, "I really don't want anything to do with you right now".

"But, Ri", He protests, "I didn't do anything! I'm innocent, and you're overreacting!".

"Maybe I'm overreacting a little bit, but you're responsible, too", I say, wishing for this conversation to be over.

"Look, Ri", He says, lowering his voice for the first time, "I had sex with you because I wanted you to be my first. Nobody else. Same with my kiss! I could never dream of wanting anyone else".

My heart sinks for a minute; just a minute, and then I say calmly, "I'm dating".

Were both quiet for a minute. Then I hear Parker sigh, deeply.

"Who?", He finally asks, "Who are you dating, Ri?".

Now I'm the quiet one. I take a deep breath.

"Aaron", I whisper, "I'm with Aaron".

"What?", He exclaims, "Aaron Patterson? Why? He's a total dick!".

"Shut the fuck up, Parker!", I scream, "I'm into Aaron, not you. If that bothers you then-honestly I don't even care if it bothers you!".

"Riley, I'm just trying to warn you! C'mon, girl".

"I don't need your warning!", I spit out, "They're ridiculous. I want Aaron, and that's that. Now leave me alone".

With that...I hung up.

3 Hours Later...

Dad got home early tonight, so mom and him decided to go out. They left me in charge of all my siblings. Which was fine with me, because all of them were entertaining themselves; behaving.

Kenedy and Mckayla were playing with an old dollhouse, Lindsey was at her desk drawing, Noah was playing legos, and Jaden was on his laptop watching YouTube.

I was on my phone, scrolling through SnapChat when I saw a new post on Paisley's story. Its caption was "My 11th Boyfriend looking hot AF". My first thought was "God, this girl is Boy-Crazy", and then I looked a little closer at the photo.

 My first thought was "God, this girl is Boy-Crazy", and then I looked a little closer at the photo

It was Parker

It was Parker.