come over later?

lol didn't re read this bc i didn't feel like it

❤︎

mike followed through with his plans with chloe and the next day they went out to lunch to another local diner in hawkins. mike didn't want to bring her to the cliffhouse diner because he felt like that diner was for him, he didn't want to share it with her, not just yet. he liked el and dustin to be a secret for now.

they went to eat n park, which was chloe's favorite places to eat. they did have the best cinnamon rolls after all. mike was allowed to borrow karen's car for the day because she had work off and wasn't planning to leave the house. so mike went to pick chloe up and they drove to the small restaurant.

"it's been so long since we've hung out with just the two of us!" chloe exclaimed as she flipped through mike's cassette tapes. "yeah i know... do you want to do anything else afterwards?" mike asked, "hmm, i'm not sure. i'll have to think about it." she mumbled, finally, she picked out a tape. it happened to be one of her favorites.

it was mike's mixtape but he had the best taste in music so chloe would always listen to that one. mike liked to listen to old songs from the 50s, and if you've listened to any of those songs you would know that most of the songs were about love.

she slipped the tape into the radio of the car and pressed the play button, the first song to play was a random paul anka song. mike adjusted his sunglasses and glanced at chloe who was singing the song mostly to herself. then, she looked over at him, "do you think we'll be together for a long time?"

mike glanced at the road quickly and back at her, "what do you mean by a long time?"

"like... marriage and all that." she played with her fingers nervously, "don't know. maybe. hopefully, everything works out that way."

to be honest, mike never really thought about the future. he thought that there was more to focus on in the present, that he didn't need to focus on the future. and if he was being completely honest, he'd never thought about marriage. ever.

he knew that when the person and the right time came, he would know. he wouldn't have to think about it, the thought would just be there. maybe it would be there form the start, or even as he got to know the person. maybe it would be years from now, and he'd be with someone else and suddenly, he would know. he would know, this is the person, this is the person i want to spend my life with.

"i guess i feel like i'd have to think about it- marriage i mean. don't you think you would have to know what you wanted before you make those types of decisions?" said mike. chloe shrugged, "i guess you're right. i was just being irrational."

mike shook his head, "no, you weren't. i just haven't put a lot of thought into the future, you know?" she nodded and stayed quiet. after a few minutes, mike pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant. it was packed a mike had assumed, so he found a parking spot behind the small joint.

once he parked the car the coupe got out and made their way into the restaurant. people from all ages were seated all around the inside of the place, waiters walking around everywhere. in no way did it remind mike of the diner el worked at, it was only her serving everyone around the diner and only him and dustin to help her out.

the hostess found a place for them to sit and ordered their drinks. after that chloe said she had to use the restroom so she walked off towards the back of the restaurant. mike gazed over the menu to see if anything new had popped up since he had not been there in a long time. sadly, there was nothing new and he decided to order the same thing he got every time an omelet with the same thing he got in it every time.