truth or dare

Song: Hello? by Clairo

Incase Y'all get confused, each time you see a little heart it's changing from El to Mike but anyway, carry on.

❤︎

Rainy days were kind of Dustin and El's thing. They would spend the day or night at Dustin's house, eat food and lay around all day while rain poured down on the rest of Hawkins. When it rained in Hawkins, it rained. Since it was a Saturday night, El was already off of work for the day and she agreed she'd meet Dustin at his house later.

She would have asked Mike if he wanted to hang out with them, but he already told her beforehand that he had to run some errands for his mom that day. Although she was a little bummed, El was always happy to hang out with Dustin. Dustin said that she distanced herself from him ever since she started going on "dates" with Mike.

Dustin was always dramatic but this was a little true and he just wanted some alone time with his best friend.

The gloomy day started with dark gray clouds covering the sky and soon it started to rain. That was early this morning when El was still at the diner and it hasn't stopped for hours. The rain made El a little apathetic, she showed none of her usual color or happiness. Rain made her sad.

The day went by slower because Mike wasn't there. He always made things a lot more enjoyable for her. Even when he threw crumpled up order papers and formed them into balls, then proceeding to throw them at El's head every time she passed the counter. It was annoying because it was constant. Dustin would even give him all of the old papers just so Mike could annoy her further.

It was annoying as hell but it was still entertaining. Nevertheless, she still went through with the day and soon it was over and she was able to go home and change out of her awful uniform. Though it was right up her alley, a shirtwaist dress with a small apron tied around her waist, El still preferred her dresses over this one. There was just something about it she didn't like.

El arrived back at home and changed into a sweatshirt and sweatpants, something she didn't wear often but since it was just Dustin's house she was going over to, it didn't matter. A green Hawkins High school sweater with some grey sweatpants, good enough for her. El checked the time. Dustin said she could come over whenever she was done with work and because she didn't have anything better to do, she decided to head over to his house now.

El quickly wrote a note to Hopper and stuck it on the fridge.

Going over to Dustin's house- might sleepover. see u later <3

El grabbed some clothes before heading out and then ran to her car, trying to avoid as many rain droplets as possible. She arrived at Dustin's house fairly quickly and she never noticed how close he and Mike lived. It was surprising how they didn't know each other before now. She passed by his house and saw that his car was still in the driveway right behind a minivan, which she guessed was one of his parent's car.

She got to Dustin's house and saw his mom's car alongside his. El parked her car behind Dustin's, incase Ms. Henderson needed to leave. El got her bag from the passenger seat and walked up to the front door, lifting her hand to knock on the door. Claudia answered the door and when she saw El a big smile spread across her face.

"El! Oh, I'm so glad I get to see you! It's been too long, come on, come inside. Dusty should be in his room." The woman smiled at her. "Happy to see you too Ms. Henderson, I'll see you around!" El called as she walked over to her best friend's room. She opened the door and Dustin was playing around with something at his desk, with his radio playing loudly.