Invitation

Mateo P.O.V

"I can't believe he chose to have lunch with us !!" Stella exclaimed as we walked to our first period of the afternoon.

"Yeah, I was stunned to see him" I replied.

"Oh come on, he's a normal human being, there's nothing exceptional with the fact that he ate with us" scoffed Jay.

Jay was always the reasonable one. While Stella and I were totally in our little bubble, Jay was always here to reconnect us with the outside.

"And could you lower your voice? People are staring at us, and it's making me uncomfortable" he added.

We remembered we were still at school and calmed down a bit. We went into the already opened classroom and took our sits.

"He's soooo gorgeous," my friend said again.

"Stella, you already said that at least seventy times since the bell rang, could you please stop it ?" I asked, getting strangely irritated.

"What? It's true !"

Stella was a cute little girl, blonde with pale skin and beautiful blue eyes. And her eyes were sparkling at the moment.

"Maybe I should make a move" she seemed to ask herself.

"Hu-hu rejection. It's a bad idea" Jay affirmed almost immediately.

"I do agree with Jay"

"Why? You think I don't have a chance ?" She replied angrily.

"Come on, he's out of our league and you know it! Remember what happened to me when I dated a guy out of my league ?" I said, referring to my story with Nathan.

"It was different! I'm going to try, like it or not"

Jealousy suddenly coursed into my veins. I didn't understand what was happening to me. It wasn't like I had the right to be jealous. But knowing my friend who was a girl had a chance with him while I hadn't was frustrating. He was physically perfect, but I knew from the first time I looked at him that he was straight, it was obvious.

"Hello everybody !" Suddenly exclaimed the teacher.

The lesson wasn't as bad as I anticipated, but by the end of the day, I was completely exhausted.
I walked to my locker to take some books I needed for my homework when the same beautiful deep voice interrupted me.

"Hey, Mateo !" Liam happily exclaimed.

I couldn't help myself but smile like a teenage girl.

"Hey! How was your day ?" I asked.

"Pffff boring as hell, people are fucking annoying me, it's incredible"

"Ok" I replied, smiling sadly as I considered being one of these 'people'.

It must have been obvious because he reacted quickly.

"I wasn't talking about you of course! Or your friends as a matter of fact"

"Oh ok" I tried to sound casual, but I was jumping inside.

"You idiot. You really felt concerned when I said 'people' don't you ?"

"Hey, of course, I felt concerned. It's not like I'm different from the students here" I replied, defending myself.

That's when he smirked. Oh my goodness, a shiver crossed my whole body.

"Of course you are different. If you weren't, I wouldn't be talking to you. Oh and that guy Jason invited me to his party. He said I could bring my friends, want to come ?"

"Woah, so we are already friends? I wouldn't be so sure if I were you" I teased, smiling like an idiot.

"What, you don't want to be my friend ?" He asked slightly panicked.

"Oh no, you seem to be a very cool guy, but me? I'm not cool, I'm not confident, I'm not interesting" I laughed.

"Bullshit !" He replied.

"So ?" He asked again.

This time, I felt my body invaded with fear. No one wanted me there after what happened last year. People could be aggressive when they were wasted.

"I don't think it's a good idea. I'm not much of a partygoer" I admitted.

"Come on, it would be a great way to hang out, please, it's going to be boring !" He pleaded.

"I will not be the one making it less boring, but Stella could be"

"So it settled"

"Wait no! I need a room clear from vomit and STD" I seriously requested.

He burst out laughing before answering me.

"I'll protect you, promise," he said smiling.

"I'm going to talk to them about it, see you tomorrow," I said, still trying to be casual.

"Fine, see you tomorrow"

I walked away from school, literally ecstatic about what just happened. He insisted I go with him to this party. That was a fucking crazy day today.