Need to talk

Mateo P.O.V

I slowly woke up from our talking night and felt something moving under me. That's when I realized my head was on Liam's shoulder, with my hand on his torso, and my leg on his. I almost jumped out of bed, scared that Liam would see it.
I've been accused of being a rapist for less than this, and even if I would love to stay in his strong arms for the rest of my life, I wouldn't risk our friendship. We fell asleep with our clothes on at least.
Liam started to move. I felt something was weird and realized I had a boner. While the perfect man on earth was waking up as well, I ran into the bathroom.

"Mat'? You're in there ?"

"Yes," I shortly responded.

Being physically too close to him was like playing with fire. Especially with my virgin libido.

"Are you alright ?" Liam asked.

"Yeah doesn't worry, I getting out" I answered, trying to think about the most disgusting things I could.

Finally, I managed to calm down and got out of the bathroom.

"Want breakfast ?" Asked a smiley Liam.

"That would be great thank you"

We went to the kitchen, where Liam's father was drinking coffee.

"Hey you two, how did you sleep ?" he nicely asked.

"Very well, how about you ?" Liam asked back.

We small talked for the rest of the breakfast. Liam's father was nothing like I thought. For an important billionaire, he was very nice.

"Want me to drop you off at your place ?" Liam proposed.

"No, don't worry, I like to walk, and it's a sunny day so it's perfect" I explained.

I gathered my stuff and went out.

"Thank you for this night, and for trusting me. I really enjoyed it" I honestly said.

"Same here" he replied with his fucking perfect smirk.

Instead of ripping his clothes and having sex with him like I wanted to since the first time I saw him, I turned around and walked. It was still early, and the fresh air was walking with me. I arrived home 40 minutes later and came inside.

"Mateo ?" I heard my mother ask.

"Yes ?" I replied.

"You slept somewhere else? We thought you were asleep when we came back last night, and that you were still asleep this morning. Where were you ?!" She suddenly exclaimed.

I didn't think about that. Of course, my sister was also in the kitchen, and I really wanted to avoid telling the truth in front of her.

"Hum Jay offered me to stay at his house, and I said yes. Sorry I didn't tell you"

I quickly went to my room. I had a lot of homework to finish. I spent a few hours working when my brother called me.
I went downstairs and saw Lucas in my living room. I suddenly knew what was going on.

"I already said no" I affirmed as I sat on the sofa.

"Mat', he really liked your performance, you're like, the perfect person for this" my brother tried to convince me.

"I really don't want to pray, but I'm sincerely convinced we could win. Let me present to you what I have in mind" Lucas said, looking a bit desperate.

I waited for a few moments before answering.

"Fine! Explain it to me, you have 5 minutes" I finally said with irritation.

"I thought about 'Painkiller' by-"

"I know that song. Jason Derulo and Meghan Trainor" I cut him.

"Well, I imagined that while singing, we could dance, a bit like tango, but more modern, like on TV shows, and more sensual" he flushed at the moment he said 'sensual'.

"No way. I don't dance, and I'm not sensual"

"I could teach you," he said shyly.

"No."

"Bro, if you do it, I'm ready to offer a whole trip for two to see Jessie J in live" suddenly said, my brother.

"Seriously ?! Why do you even care ?"

"Because if our college is well represented, more money will go to music and singing clubs. And we really need it"

"You're not serious" I replied.

"Of course I am. I will, I swear"

"Fuck Thomas, I fucking hate you! Ok ! I'll do it !" I almost screamed.

I went outside and started to walk. I needed some air. I just said yes to do a sensual dance with someone who could rape me, while singing, in public. Someone suddenly interrupted my thoughts.

"Excuse me, I just wanted to tell you to be careful. Don't trust Liam" the stranger said.

He was a scrawny guy like me, a bit taller, with a long face, blond hair, and brown eyes.

"Excuse me ?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"I saw you hanging out with him, and I recognized how he looked at you. The same way he looked at me before" he affirmed.

"Hum... and you are ?"

"My name is Clay, and Liam manipulated me. He made me feel special, I thought he loved me, I trusted him with my body, and one day, he just shut me out of his life" he explained.

"Ok. First, there is no way he could be interested in me, even if he were gay. Second, you are fucking creepy. And third, I wouldn't believe you, because I don't know anything about you" I frankly replied.

"Of course he's interested in you" the weirdo replied.

"Oh god, he's the heterosexuality embodied, so clearly he's not" I insisted.

"Oh you don't know him as well as I do," he said with a hint of pride like we were in competition.

"Ok, go away, you're a creepy weirdo," I said as turned around and started to walk back to my house.

"We fucked dozens of times, you can trust me on this" he affirmed while I quickly walked as far as I could from this guy.

I only felt safe when I locked the front door of my house. Even if I didn't believe a single word that Clay guy said, I couldn't help myself but wonder, for the first time, if there were a tiny possibility Liam could be interested in being in a serious relationship with me. That was my secret dream, something I denied in order to stay sane and friend with him. I needed to talk to him about today, I needed to know. But I would have to wait until Monday.