Here we go

Mateo P.O.V

The week went by in a blur. Gossips started to fade at school, but every day, I was more anxious than the day before. I hoped Liam wouldn't find where I was going to sing, but he teased me every single time he could. He enjoyed the situation way too much, but his smile was so contagious.
My last period of the week was about to end, but for the first time in my life, I wasn't feeling great about being Friday.
Tonight was the night I was going to shine my brother kept saying all the week.
I was more exhausted because we practiced the song at least a thousand times than the school itself.
When the bell rang, everyone dashed out of the classroom. I was the last one to leave. Jay and Stella were already gone, both having plans for tonight.
I went outside and met Liam.

"You were waiting for me ?" I asked with surprise.

"Yes! We didn't spend a lot of time these last few days. Someone was apparently very busy" he teased.

He was referring to the fact I couldn't hang out with them after school because my brother forced me to practice every night.

"Oh stop it! Please tell me you didn't search for anything or plan anything about it ?!" I complained.

"No promises" he replied.

"I swear, if you see you, I'll kick your ass" I threatened.

He just laughed and proposed to drop me off at my place, which I gladly accepted, because I really didn't want to walk. We arrive soon after at my house.

"Well have a nice evening," he said with a smirk.

I didn't even reply. I was already sick just thinking about the concert, I had no need to add the stress of Liam's potential attendance.
I came into my house and my brother jumped on me the following second.

"Bro! You have fifteen minutes to get ready, Boris is taking us to the bar !" He said.

The concert was in a bar.  From what I understood, it was a special student music band night.
I got ready, and soon, we were all heading to our destination.

"There's someone I want you to meet" suddenly said my brother as we climbed out of the vehicle.

"Hum tonight is maybe not the right time" I suggested.

"Come on, he's also singing with his band tonight, and our college is organizing a singing duet competition, and he's searching for a partner" he blandly explained.

"Hey! I thought it was only tonight! Seriously, you're not expecting me to do it with this guy ?" I exclaimed.

"Well, after tonight, you'll get to decide"

We entered the bar, which was already full of bands preparing for the show. We went backstage to practice on last time.

"Hey, Lucas! Ready for tonight? This is my brother I talked to you about! Wait until you hear him sing, he's the perfect person for the duet competition !" My brother suddenly exclaimed.

I stared a the person he just talked to and recognized the very attractive guy who tried to flirt with me a week ago. "No way! Why is karma a real bitch with me lately ?! What did I do to deserve this !" I thought.

"Well... hum that's embarrassing" Lucas replied.

"What? You two know each other ?" My brother asked.

"We briefly met at 'Burger Time' when I was working" I quickly replied, not wanting to get in the details.

"Oh ok! Well, that will be easier than! Good luck for tonight" my brother cheerfully said.

I didn't add anything and followed him to where the pianist and the drummer were already practicing. The concert began a few moments later.

Liam P.O.V

Of course, I wasn't going to let the occasion to hear Mateo singing slide. I quickly searched on the internet, knowing that his brother named Thomas was a musician, and quickly found where and when it was going to happen.
Of course, I also told his friend to come, discreetly, during the week. Both of them didn't know their best friend was capable of singing.
I was with Jay in the car, waiting in front of Stella's house. I proposed to take them up to go together to the concert.

"My God, she can be so irritating sometimes" Jay calmly complained.

"Well, we are early anyway. Plus, he can't see us before his performance. I sure he wouldn't do it if he knew about this" I jocked.

"You seem to like him" Jay suddenly said.

"What ?"

"Come on, I'm dating someone currently, and I noticed the same sparkles I see in her eyes in your eyes when you see Mateo" he blandly explained.

I stayed silent for a few moments. I didn't know what to say, but fortunately, Stella ran outside her house and quickly climbed in my car.

"Sorry guys, I had to be hot as hell for Mateo's first time on stage" she jocked.

Stella and Mateo were very alike. Both were very outgoing. In the beginning, I felt like she was trying to flirt, but she quickly noticed I wasn't into her and stopped.

"Ok, let's go," I said before driving again, straight to the bar.

When we arrived, the concert already started, but Mateo's was a bit far in the program.
I immediately recognized the guy on stage, who tried to make a move on my crush. That Lucas guy.
He was singing Onerepublic and was singing it very well, which irritated me. He had everything to seduce Mateo, and I was scared to be too slow and miss my chance with him. But shit, I was terrified. I knew my mother and brother wouldn't agree with it, and that could really hurt him. And I knew nothing about real relationships. I wasn't strong enough for the moment.
A few other bands did their performance, and soon, I saw my cute little boy climbing on stage with three other persons. He was terrified, that was obvious, and I felt the need to hug him and make his insecurities go away.

"Hi everyone! Due to personal problems, our singer had to cancel, but my little brother agreed to replace him. He's not used to singing in public, so be supportive please. We are going to perform a pop song this time, named 'Pray' by Bebe Rexha !"

I burst out laughing when I saw Mateo shooting daggers at his older brother. If looks could kill, Thomas would be dead and buried.
But he still placed himself in front of the stage, took the mike, and closed his eyes. He was taking a long breath, placing his hand on his stomach, when the music began.