Let's get the party started

Mateo P.O.V

I was on my way back home, around 4 PM, when I received a text from Jay.

"I'm coming for you at 8"

"Ok, I'll be there"

I was terrified. Since the famous kiss, I've been totally absent from any party, because I knew I wasn't invited anyway. Tonight was a bad idea, a very bad one, but I couldn't resist when Liam asked. I slapped myself a thousand times for saying yes, but now I couldn't turn back the hands of time.
When I arrived home, my sister was already gone. My brother was probably hanging out with his friends and my parents were out as well.
I decided to take a bath and prepared myself.
For the first time in a year, I paid attention to what I was wearing.
Soon enough it was 8, and as promised, Jay was on time.

"Hey Mat'! Let's get the party starteeeeeeeeed !" he said playfully but calmed down immediately.

"Are you ok ?" He asked the next moment.

"I'm sorry, I'm just very anxious about it. What if people react badly. Nobody wants me there" I explained.

"Don't worry, most of them will already be wasted by the time we arrive" Jay tried to comfort me.

"I going to survive tonight. You, you forget about me and enjoy the party ok? I don't want you to check on me every five minutes" I firmly said.

I knew that Jay was kind of protective of me and Stella, which was very cute considering he wasn't very open to public affection displays. He was an amazing friend, always here when you need him, but was a little too introvert.
Unfortunately, we reached our destination quickly. We weren't very far from Jason's house, but too far to walk there.
Jay turned off the engine and looked at me.

"We both know the rumor is a lie. You know the truth as well, and you have nothing to prove to anyone" he nicely said.

"Thank you, Jay, you really are a good friend. But I don't want to ruin your chances with the little book's nerd you're flirting with" I answered playfully.

"My private life is none of your business !"

I stared at him, with a look saying 'Really? Ah, no way, of course, it's my business' and Jay understood it because he laughed suddenly.

"Ok I surrender, I like her, but I'm taking things slowly, and if you come near her, I'm sure you won't be able to shut up"

"Yeah you're right, I would scare her," I said with a smile across my face.

"But the day you hook up with her, I want to be the first one to know" I added.

"God Mat'! You don't need to know that !"

I burst out laughing.

"Of course I need to know that! I want to know everything! I need gossips darling"

We were both laughing and finally climbed out of the car. We could already hear loud music from the backyard and decided to knock. Seeing we could die here without anyone noticing, we went inside without permission, like the bad boys we were. Joke. Once inside, I immediately felt people staring at me, all of them with a 'what are you doing here ?!' facial expression.
I realized Jay was already focused on his little nerd. She was very cute but seemed to be a bit boring.

"Go on Romeo, I'm staying sober tonight don't worry" I smirked and went to the kitchen.

I finally decided to have a glass of punch. I looked around me but soon realized Liam wasn't there. I went outside and immediately spotted him, on a chair, next to my sister. I approached them discreetly, to hear what they were saying.

"Why are you hanging with my brother? He's a loser that abused drunk guys, you know that ?" I heard my sister ask.

"Hum, I don't know what to say. Yes, I already know about that rumor-"

"It's not a rumor, everybody saw it. Considering he's a virgin, he might be capable of doing it again, so watch out"

I couldn't believe it. It wasn't the fact that my sister deliberately revealed the nonexistent sexual life that disgusted me, but the fact that she was trying to push him away from me so she could be closer.
I went back inside to hide in the kitchen. But on my way, I bumped into Nathan. Of course, it had to be him.
I quickly walked past him and realized when I stopped that he was following.

"What do you want ?" I coldly asked.

"Hum, I didn't expect you to be here" he admitted.

"And ?"

"Hum well, hum I wanted to know if you were having a good time" he shyly said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Fuck off" was all I answered.

I needed to get out of here but of course, Jason and Mike, my sister's boyfriend, soon stopped me.

"Hey little faggot, I don't remember inviting you" Jason affirmed.

My stomach turned from the aggressive tone of his voice. Before I knew it, I was slammed into a wall.

"You stay away from my house you little bitch, and from Liam as well you hear me ?"

I soon felt cold liquid falling on my face and realized he was emptying his beer on me. I was beyond shocked. This was the most violent homophobic interaction I'd ever had.
Jason was suddenly pushed against the entrance door.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING !?" yelled Liam, who was now punching him in the face.

I took advantage of the situation and dashed out of the house.