Help

Liam P.O.V

I rushed outside as soon as I could and immediately saw Mateo walking away.

"Wait! Mateo are you ok ??" I asked, worried about what effects this type of aggression could have on him.

I didn't hear his answer, so I caught up with him.

"You're not really considering coming back home on foot, do you ?" I asked seriously.

"I'm fine, don't worry" he blandly said.

"Come on, you can't be fine, what happened back there is serious. You shouldn't be alone after this"

"Why do you even care? All I can give you is drama, drama, and drama again" he affirmed, with a hint of weariness.

"I care because I know you don't deserve what's happening to you" I replied, sure of myself.

I was almost running to keep up the pace, but I couldn't care less at that moment.

He suddenly stopped dead in his track and turned around to face me. He wasn't crying as I expected.

"You don't know anything," He said firmly.

Anger started to fill his eyes as he continued to stare into mine.

"Maybe I abused a drunk guy last year. Maybe I deserve what's happening to me. Because I just a little fucking faggot, who always need someone to help him"

He was holding everything back inside of him, I could feel his anger in the cold tone of his voice. But it didn't scare me. I couldn't stand to see him hurt like this, so I came closer and hugged him. I felt him tense at first, and then relax. He smelled like beer, but once again, I didn't give a shit.

"Take off your jacket" I softly commended.

He did what I told him, while I took off mine and gave it to him. He questioned me with his eyes, and I smiled.

"Take it, you're freezing" I simply said, as I took his own.

Even if I had a great poker face, I felt a sparkle in my eyes, as I anticipated the vision of him with my jacket, way too big for him. It was soooo cliché, but god he was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

"You're feeling better ?" I asked.

"Yes, thank you. But now, you're the one freezing. So it doesn't fix anything" he said with a smile.

"We are not staying here, are we ?"

"Hum... we ?" He shyly asked.

"Come on let's get out of here"

He didn't ask anything as he followed me to my car.

"Get in, and no, I'm not dropping you off at your place. I'm not letting you alone tonight. You need help from your friends in those moments, and it's not a sign of weakness. Accepting it, however, is a sign of strength" I honestly stated.

"I know, I'm just tired of all of this. And I don't want it to affect you. I like hanging out with you, but with all this shit, I would understand if you just go away" he admitted, his voice laced with sadness.

"Don't worry about me. You let me deal with those pricks and I swear they won't be a problem in the future"

"Why are you so nice to me? You could be with anyone else right now"

"You know, people always treat me differently or pressures me into being perfect. But you and your friends don't" I admitted as well.

"That's not surprising, with your standing, you always have to be the best, going to the best schools, be smart, gorgeous, and visible. Well, I must say you excel in being gorgeous, by the way" he affirmed with a smirk.

"Not even at being smart ?!" I faked indignation.

"Just kidding"

We spent the whole way back joking until we arrived at my house.

"Of course, it's a castle" Mateo scoffed.

"Welcome to my world" I replied with a hint of tiredness.

We entered the mansion after parking the car, and almost instantly, my brother came into my field of vision. He looked at Mateo with disdain, and I was ready to give him the same treatment I gave to Jason earlier. He didn't say anything and didn't answer Mateo when he politely greeted him. That irritated me more than anything. I guided him to my bedroom as quickly as possible.

"So, the bathroom is just over there" I indicated to him a door connected to the bedroom.

"A royal suite, I see"

I gave him a tee shirt and a pair of sport shorts. He came back after washing, with my clothes on. He was even cutter than with my jacket.

"God, why I am that small ?" He laughed.

It was so good to see him laugh.

"Ok, you can sleep here while I sleep in a guest room" I proposed.

"No, I'm already bothering you, so a guest room will be perfect" he answered.

He looked at me like he dared me to argue, and I knew I couldn't win. So I guided him to the bedroom next door. He thanked me, and after saying goodnight, I reluctantly left him alone. I would have loved to cuddle him all night, but couldn't. I never really tried to have a serious relationship, and I was scared about it, even if I was really wondering about wanting one with Mateo. I felt like a shy kid, and I knew it was too soon to talk about those things. I needed to know him better.
Before I could get back to my room, my mother interrupted my thoughts.

"Is he ..." she began to ask.

She didn't have to finish her question, I already knew what she was thinking.

"It's none of your business, so leave him alone" I almost threatened.

She knew I wasn't straight, at least bi, and that was another disappointment to her. She discovered it the worst way, when she barged in my room a few months ago, while I was fucking a guy.
I closed my door and went to sleep.