Arguments

Mateo P.O.V

I woke up the next day, still worked up about the day before. This gorgeous guy named Liam was hanging out with us, and I loved the idea. I went downstairs and started to prepare breakfast. My sister silently walked into the room, barely acknowledging me.
Seeing her giving me the silent treatment surprised me at first. Finally, her voice filled the room.

"I suppose you're happy" she harshly said.

"Hum happy about ?" I replied, a bit lost at that moment.

"I'm sure you carefully spilled your little sad story, so he wouldn't sit with us at lunch"

I suddenly understood what she was talking about. But before I could say anything, she continued.

"You manipulated him, playing your little victim's drama" she affirmed, apparently furious Liam didn't eat with her, her jock boyfriend, and all his football team yesterday.

"You can't be serious" I scoffed.

"You're so selfish! It's you're own damn fault you kissed a drunk boy at that party"

"Oh my god, do you hear yourself? So you believe them instead of me ?! And I didn't tell anything! I did the tour like I was supposed to !"

"Yeah sure," She scoffed back.

"I can't believe you choose to believe the football team, including your boyfriend," I said, really hurt. Even if we didn't get along much, I was really upset, because she knew how her boyfriend had been mean to me from the moment he knew I kissed one of his teammates.

"I hate you, you can be a little faggot if you want, but not near me ever again"

Tears blurred my vision. She couldn't imagine how hard it was for me to hear those words. I dashed out of the room and quickly got ready. I ran outside. I ran as far as I could and suddenly bumped into someone. Both of us fell on the floor, and before I could wipe my tears, a sexy deep voice echoed in my ears.

"In a hurry ?" Liam playfully asked.

When he saw my face, worry immediately filled his eyes.

"Are you ok ?!" He asked in a hurry as he helped me to get up.

"Yeah yeah don't worry about it" I tried to convince him as I dried the last few tears on my cheeks.

"No you're really not, I can see it's a big deal"

"No no, don't worry" I quickly replied before walking again.

He went in front of me and put one hand on each of my shoulders.

"You can talk to me you know" he softly affirmed, looking straight into my eyes with his beautiful blue iris.

"No, you certainly have other things to deal with than my personal problems," I said.

"Your well-being is much more important than my little problems" he politely replied.

"You're so polite but it's not true. Come on it's not a big deal, I'll survive" I tried to convince him again, and myself in the process.

"Well you know where to find me if you need me"

Seeing I wouldn't talk about it, at least not right now, we silently started to walk toward the school. It was so good to have him near me, and even if he was just polite, the fact that he seemed to matter about me warmed up my broken heart.
We arrived at our destination a few moments later, and what I noticed first was my best friend, who was already there.

"Hey, guys !" She said with her usual pep.

We both greeted her, and before we even moved again, Liam spoke.

"Mateo was crying today, maybe he'll talk to you, I going to my locker"

My eyes were wide with astonishment as the gorgeous boy left us without sparing a glance back.

"Care to explain?" Stella suspiciously asked.

"No," I answered coldly as I entered the main building.

"Come on! You're supposed to tell me everything !" She whined.

"Yeah, but not this because it's related to Liam, and you won't be able to shut up so forget about it" I firmly shot back.

We went to our classroom and soon, Jay joined us.

"Mateo was crying this morning and he refused to tell me why" was the first thing Stella said.

"Oh my god, stop it !" I ordered, now getting very irritated.

"Don't worry Mat', we will talk about it, you know it's better to confine it and you're aware I won't tell a soul"

I knew he was right and knew I had no choice about this. But Jay was my favorite confidant so it didn't bother me.
Our first period went in a flash, and once in the hallways, I was immediately isolated from Jay. I told him the whole story.

"That bitch. I always disliked her, but now it's even worse. Maybe you should talk about it with Liam"

"No. He doesn't need to know, and it would make things worse if he knows" I affirmed.

Liam suddenly appeared and walked toward us.

"So about that party ?" He smirked.

"We'll go," said Jay before I could talk.

The rest of this awful Tuesday, fortunately, went uneventful.